587,517 active members*
3,197 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 58 of 176 848565758596068108158
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3662

Hybrid View

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by clmenz View Post
    As one of the optimistic, ?naive "inbetweeners", hoping maybe beyond hope that my svm-1 eventually ships, there is a brief article in the New York Times Sunday editorial section on 9-28-2014 that maybe is partially relevant to my/our "situation". The article heading is "The Great Firewall Gets Bigger". It confirms that the Chinese government/ Communist Party have for sometime, especially since August 2013, put serious blocking controls on websites,email services, vpn tunnels and services such as Google as well as email in and out of the PRC. This is to control dissent and is seriously interfering in many spectra of business and/or scientific research. All in the zeal to censor and prevent dissent! Even mudane actions like entering ads on a web site or looking up an online catalog are blocked. General Motors for example, the article notes, has moved many of its China executives outside of China just so they can function. Between Defengs illness and or cashflow/capitalization difficulties and now this, it may explain some of our lack of communication.
    Chuck Menz
    people don't seem to have any problem contacting and receiving replies from ebayers from china like chai at linearmotion, he replies from a yahoo.cn account promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    people don't seem to have any problem contacting and receiving replies from ebayers from china like chai at linearmotion, he replies from a yahoo.cn account promptly.
    luck of the draw. when google did the whole chinese censored version years ago it was reported that 80% of people already had (usually illegal) google.com access. its a situation that probably changes daily for different people over there.

I expect a lot of EBAY dropshippers all report back to the home base for their orders.......
    Ian.

more speculation, perhaps one of the things defeng will explain is how he was able to post here before and how he is able to post this time, starting soon right skillalot?

chai is in tianjin china where he will machine the parts to your specs which is why you contact him to send your blueprints and he ships very quickly and proves that they can make contact if they want to. incase you didn't know his email is @yahoo.com.cn. that means it's in china. there's been far too much speculation going on about why defeng hasn't been responding, lets hush and wait to hear from the man himself as skillalot has said he will soon do, clock's ticking...

If He explains goverment will cut it .... goverment doesnt like income ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    If He explains goverment will cut it .... goverment doesnt like income ...
    so the chinese gov will make his posting here disappear? that explains why some of mine do the same.

the Chinese government owns the NSA. they can remove your spleen through a phone line.

its true, I heard it on the internet.

actually, speaking of internet stupid. I was researching motors last week and holy hell theres a lot of dumb people on youtube. a magnet is not a source of perpetual motion!

/rant

It is if you throw it into outer space.
    Lee

its so sad. half the videos were of people trying to create some sort of mental "over unity" generator. they must have missed the physics lesson about how that's not possible in our universe. psst... its not the government hiding it from you, its just not real.

anyhow. wheres skyfire, I may need an svm-0 soon to make motor housings! :P

Hi Avno.....an SVM-0 you say....better stand in line now the coming out of new enterprise by Sky and co is about to happen.

Even with a new all singing and dancing show there has to be some delay while the new batch of castings cool down.......called aging.

At the start of this thread we had a gap in the posting by Sky of about a year so that would mean we would have superior castings from the old batch as opposed to anything that is currently being made, but the average user will never ever know the difference.
    Ian.

So, any word from Defeng?
    Attachment 251936

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    So, any word from Defeng?
    Attachment 251936
    i think there was nothing but smoke blown by skillalot same as that canadian who knew where defeng was, yeah right. must be that defeng is too busy celebrating national day golden week holiday to get to that new computer that will let him post here again. maybe next week.

i think there was nothing but smoke blown by skillalot same as that canadian who knew where defeng was, yeah right. must be that defeng is too busy celebrating national day golden week holiday to get to that new computer that will let him post here again. maybe next week.
    +1

now the trolls are talking to themselves. must be a slow week

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    now the trolls are talking to themselves. must be a slow week
    it has been a slow week for months now hasn't it.National Day Golden Week holiday ends tomorrow so i'm sure defeng will be back on this thread soonly, right skillalot?

I'm not trying to be a troll at all. I would like nothing more than Defeng HIMSELF to show up here again, and get the orders filled for those who have already paid him, and work out a payment method that makes potential new customers feel secure about not being ripped-off.
    But, the reasons skillalot gave for Defeng not being in contact sound like complete B.S. I mean really..... Defeng can allow himself to be in touch with skillalot, but no one else that has paid him thousands of dollars?
    Is skillalot a personal buddy of his?? Does skillalot has a secret password or something?
    As I said before, I really like the design of his machines(I was trying to find a Mikini originally), and I'm in the position to buy 2 complete SVM-2's, a dozen tool holders, and probably other supplies. That is if he ever get's his ass in gear and run his damn company.

just separated bearings in the iso20 photo. angular contact bearings come apart. this is normal.

- - - Updated - - -

it has been a slow week for months now hasn't it.National Day Golden Week holiday ends tomorrow so i'm sure defeng will be back on this thread soonly, right skillalot?
    seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post

seriously?
    yes, National Day Golden Week holiday is a real chinese holiday that ends today, alas skillalot is doing a defeng now too and ignoring us here after he said defeng will soon reappear, what's up with that?

Hiiiiyyyyy..............while I have a lot of patience in most things, reading tripe from trolls is not one of them........sure we (those who are committed to the long haul) are all waiting with bated breath for the new show to get on the road, but in the meantime the new show must get up and going to be efficient.

Nobody would give much credibility to Defeng if he rushed the show along and produced crap that only pissed everyone off who invested the dollars to get this machine(s) as opposed to something already in production (and costing a lot more) elsewhere.

I could have paid out for something already in production.......$30,000 at our local showroom for machinery would give me a sweet machine with lots of bells and whistles, and that is before any tooling or peripherals were thought of...... and on a special, this time only, never to be repeated offer.....if I was rolling in money etc, and would now be twiddling the knobs thinking up projects to justify the outlay.

I have a sneaking feeling that there might be a re-evaluation of the cost structure for these gems of engineering practice once Defeng has got up and running and firing on all cylinders once more.....that might be expected if not anticipated, so we'll just have to see what turns up when the oven door is opened and the cake rolls out......LOL.

I say "might" as.... if Defeng was using the previous premises with another partner and sharing costs, it is not beyond the realms of reality to realise that going to a new establishment could generate a whole new financial outlay and investment that has to be covered by R.O.I, and any financial backer would need to have a re-assurance that there would be some return worth the lending.
    Ian.

Page 58 of 176 848565758596068108158