Long story short, I made a stupid mistake while placing the punch on an autoindex station of our CNC punch machine. Learning from my own mistake, I realize now that unlike the other stations where you can see if the punch touches the springs, the autoindex mechanism hides them in these stations.

That meant the turret turned and crashed the RAM while doing so. Actually, I did not notice anything special but the display threw an alarm regarding a T-axis servo issue.

After I realized what I had done, I was able to remove the misplaced punch, home the turret and started working again, nothing seemed to be wrong.

However, first time I needed to change some tooling, I realized that both turrets are misaligned when the pins are out, though they align correctly when the pins are in.

So, my questions are:

1) How do I re-align the upper and lower turrets?

2) Considering that the machine is working "normally", am I running any risks using it? What I mean is: what happens to the turret servo motor when the pins are in? Is it still trying to get the turret to a certain station? Or once the pins are in the servomotor is disengaged?

Look forward to hearing your comments.