587,517 active members*
3,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Centroid CNC Control Products > Continuous Jogging Does Not Work on Pop-up Keyboard

Continuous Jogging Does Not Work on Pop-up Keyboard

I'm having some trouble using the pop-up keyboard (Alt-J) on my Centroid. I need to use it as I'm having trouble with the M400S membrane keyboard (jog panel), which will be the subject of another post.

Everything works on the pop-up except Continuous Jogging. The Incremental Jogging works fine. When I open the pop-up menu with Alt-J and hold down an arrow key on the keyboard, The axis moves 0.0005" and stops. A subsequent press of the same key yields no movement. If I press the opposite direction key, it will move -0.0005" and stop.

I tried a native PS/2 keyboard, plus two different USB keyboards. All exhibit the same behavior.

The operating system is on a SD card hard drive. I have two cards made from backups in different years, and both have the same problem.

I unplugged the membrane keyboard and disabled it in Centroid since I thought it might be interfering. Same problem.

I'm running Centroid 2.7 on Red Hat Linux.

Has anyone seen this before?

Re: Continuous Jogging Does Not Work on Pop-up Keyboard

why are you using keyboard jogging?