587,515 active members*
2,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

4-Axis Question

I have solved the problem, moderators can close or delete if needed.

It was a problem with my post-processor.

Re: 4-Axis Question

Instead of having us delete your post, why don't you tell us what you found and how you fixed it so that others may benefit if they run into the same problem?

Thanks,
    Mark

Re: 4-Axis Question

I deleted the post because I don't believe I was describing the issue correctly, call it a hunch from the amount of views with no replies. It was my intention to delete this thread and start a new one but I can't delete it so here it stays.

Long story short, I had a troublesome G28 that was sending the tool down into the fixture for no apparent reason. Plus with me being on Mach 3 and using a post-processor that I found somewhere online, no telling what the issue could really be.

I tried coding the G28 command manually but it would still collide with the fixture so I ended up taking it out and instead just commanding the Z-Axis to a position above the fixture so there is no collision while indexing.

I did not want to influence others with my "hack" methods as I am very new to 4-Axis machining and before last week I hadn't machined anything in 9 years, so needless to say I am sure my methods are not accepted/proven.

It was my belief that despite my best wording efforts and multiple attached pictures that it was still generally confusing and I did not want to mislead other users.

I did get my parts cut though! But now I am chasing other problems that I believe come from the inaccuracy of the fixture I am using.