585,722 active members*
4,507 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Z Axis movement on Shutdown

Z Axis movement on Shutdown

Machine just did this today, Normal shutdown procedure, SETCS/ HOME, etc.. and when I throw the disconnect to off in the back the Z axis jumps up about 1/2" "wham"... After powering back up and manually jog back to the mark, enter CS , etc.. and machine seems to run fine.

2nd power off , it did the same thing?

Just curious if anyone had seen this before. I searched the listings but didn't find any info for this problem?

Thanks, Tryon

Re: Z Axis movement on Shutdown

I have a 1999 4020 with DC servo's that does the same thing in the X axis. I replaced the resolver but I still have this happen every once in a while. Maybe twice a month. We've just learned to live with it and jog it back then CS again.
    Im guessing it has something to do with power spike on shutdown but as long as we know it happens, No worries.

Thank you for the reply, it did this a couple of times then was it went away, at least for now? Not sure if the problem will come back or not? Glad to know it is at least not causing any damage. I did go through some of the basic calibrations in the book for SIG and BALANCE related to the servos. (adjusted the little POT on the boards to try to balance the voltage). It was not too far off, but figured it couldn't hurt to check it. I never found anything wrong, however?

Thanks, for the reply.
    Tryon

Quote Originally Posted by Noyrt View Post
    Thank you for the reply, it did this a couple of times then was it went away, at least for now? Not sure if the problem will come back or not? Glad to know it is at least not causing any damage. I did go through some of the basic calibrations in the book for SIG and BALANCE related to the servos. (adjusted the little POT on the boards to try to balance the voltage). It was not too far off, but figured it couldn't hurt to check it. I never found anything wrong, however?

Thanks, for the reply.
    Tryon
    I thought about swapping the X and Y amps to see if that was the problem but we were so busy at the time,I let it go. One thing to note is it never lost position once it was homed at CS. Probably why we have learned to live with it.
    Funny you mention the problem has gone away. I was discussing this with the operator and he said it hasn't happened in a couple months. If you find the cause,let me know and I'll do the same.
    Cheers!

So far, up to know the problem has not come back. Thanks for the reply, I will let you know if it shows up again and I find out anything. thanks for the replies.
    Tryon