584,862 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

YCM CNC Machines

We have a couple of Haas machines in our shop and they have done well for us. That being said I know some people who have bought Haas machines that have had nothing but problems.

Our local sales guy that I always dealt with recently left the Haas distributor to sell YCM's. This guy has been a huge help to our shop over the last 5 years whenever we needed some help with programming or applications, etc. I have never met a salesman who knew so much about the the machining business.

He stopped by the other day and showed me the YCM products. I was impressed at how many different machines they make, linear guide, roller guide and box way machines that are extremely heavy.

We are looking at a new vertical for our shop but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the YCM machines?

A friend of mine has one in his shop full of Moris and a fadal. 3 spindle so far on the YCM in 3 years. No other machine in his shop has lost a spindle since I've known him.

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk

Re: YCM CNC Machines

YCM is a hell of a machine. The new NSV machine line is a Japanese competitor.

hi unassumption,
    YCM is the good brand i am related cnc maintenance and here is lot of YCM machines.and ther are working good if you want to buy then you can buy because this is a good brand

We have YCM machines in production at our plant. We've replaced all the spindles in them so far, only $35K for the spindle assembly. I don't know how many cycles were put on them, but they've only been running for a couple years. Production is probably 300 parts per day if it's even running at all, we're only drilling like 10-20 holes in thin aluminum per part.

You better make 100% sure you have everything before getting the machine delivered and making the final payment. That last thing you want is any type of support from YCM after you pay the bill. You will fight for any machine information needed to integrate any type of automation or any software/hardware descriptions related to your machine. Also note, a translator is needed to work with YCM field engineers.

Word of caution: you better have a pre-engineered containment solution for the coolant leaks that come standard with these YCM vertical machines.

I once was a probationary sales rep for YCM, I had to do a lot of research to answer questions and from what I can tell the servomotors, ballscrews and ballrails are on par with any mazak, the castings are made in Taiwan, not mainland China and the larger machines with boxed slideways are coated with mehanite on the sliding surfaces.
    There were 3 specifications of controller, a basic meldas, a fagor like mid range and a fanuc full specification.
    I don't recall the the spindle problem, I heard of that issue with hartford from water breaching the seals when really blasting the coolant.
    The Haas has some really nice features and it's own flavour of control, I would be willing to bet that the ballscrews, ballrails and servos all came from the same source as YCM, I could be wrong.
    If you can afford to buy Haas and live in the USA then spend the extra coin and buy your kids a job, otherwise YCM is a good taiwanese brand I'd recommend.
    Wisdom results from foolishness!