585,771 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Yang SML-20 Turret Alignment

Hello All,
    I am getting ready to align turret and reset "X" zero point.
    Was wondering if anyone had a maintenance procedure for doing this. We have a "maintenance" manual, which basically tell you how to lube, and read alarm codes, but nothing on mechanical adjustments.
    I also went to the Yang web site which was also no help. Any links, etc would be greatly appreciated.
    I have specialized in Hatachi-Seike for a number of years, but my new employer has a YANG! So it loanoks like I'm stuck with the assignment. (I'm tired of shimming tools, and using brookfield holders to indicate drils)
    Anyway like I said I will be grateful for any help with info.
    Thanks!
    TommyBaby in Phoenix

Re: Yang SML-20 Turret Alignment

it is simple to do it
    first take a gauge 0.01mm per division with a holder and put it in the chuck
    for this i usualy use a drill or some grinded tool for measure
    i put the tool ,for example in tool post 1 or any other position u like
    go offset and assure that there is no geometry or wear inserted in the tool no 1 (or any other tool you choose)
    than i go MDI and say T0101 X0 EOB insert ,feed on minimum,press start and let the turret go to the X0 position

move the Z axes till the gauge and adjust the gauge to touch the exterior of the drill or whatever grinded piece you insert in post 1
    adjust the gauge to indicate 0 position on it
    rotate the chuck a full round circle 360 degrees around the drill
    you will have 2 values in the X direction and 2 values on the opposite direction ,perpendicular on the x axes
    if you want to put the drill on the center of the chuck just move on MPG mode the x axes up/down untill the gauge will indicate 0 in both sides ,paralel with the x axes.
    when all is done go to machine position,check the x axes value and enter that value to the workshift of x axes in offset,workshift
    so in x direction the turret is aligned
    if you want to align in the other direction,perpendicular on x axes you have to loose the internal screws of the turret and with the help of a plastic hammer you can adjuste it(please check if you have any pins inserted inside)
    if you want more details don't hesitate to ask me.
    a simple and fast sketch for you (dont laught about my paints abilities,no time for pro drawings in solidworks
    Attachment 241984