585,555 active members*
3,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

XHC-HB04 MPG Pendant.

I just purchased one of these units to use on my machine. I'm running LinuxCNC and they do have a module for it and it works. However, I have a question to those of you who use it on Mach3.

Does Mach3 and the pendant work correctly when switch between Inch and mm units? By default, the unit powers up in mm mode, and only has 3 places after the decimal point. If you switch to Inch mode in Mach3, does it change to 4 places after the decimal point and loose the [mm] indicator on the pendant? If so, then maybe I can reverse engineer the codes needed to put the pendant into the proper mode and update the LinuxCNC module.

Thanks, Connor
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Re: XHC-HB04 MPG Pendant.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    I just purchased one of these units to use on my machine. I'm running LinuxCNC and they do have a module for it and it works. However, I have a question to those of you who use it on Mach3.

Does Mach3 and the pendant work correctly when switch between Inch and mm units? By default, the unit powers up in mm mode, and only has 3 places after the decimal point. If you switch to Inch mode in Mach3, does it change to 4 places after the decimal point and loose the [mm] indicator on the pendant? If so, then maybe I can reverse engineer the codes needed to put the pendant into the proper mode and update the LinuxCNC module.

Thanks, Connor
    Connor,
    Dunno man but I do know I wanna get a chance to play with that new toy of yours before too long on my CNC LOL... Good luck with it man!! Peace

Pete