586,009 active members*
4,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Who has a Robodrill with Red,Yellow, Green Signal Lamp?

Who has a Robodrill with Red,Yellow, Green Signal Lamp?

I am looking for some wiring help for the signal lamp for the Robodrill machines.

I have a 2007 Robodrill Mate and a 2008 Alpha T14 machines that I am looking to add signal lamps to. Local dealer wants about $850 for light and cable and direct from Fanuc USA is almost double so I am hoping to wire in my own light.

From my research I have found that the signal lamp wires go to the PCB at the upper right side of the electrical cabinet and go to XS12-3, -4,-5, and -6.
    I have tried to take voltage readings at the different terminals while a program is running (Green) and at E-Stop (Red). I have reading of +24vdc at XS12-3 when the machine is sitting idle and it only goes to Zero vdc when in E-Stop. I do not get any voltage readings at any other terminal.

It's quite possible that I am overlooking something simple or I am not taking my readings correctly. Can someone who has a machine with the signal lamp tell me how their light is wired up, what terminals correspond to the different colors and, if possible, how the voltages are applied.

Thanks!

Re: Who has a Robodrill with Red,Yellow, Green Signal Lamp?

Resurecting this thread after being on the back burner for some time in the hopes of finding some help.

Does anyone know if I need to change any of the ladder logic in order to add on the signal lamp?
    There are some settings that I have found which dictate the action of the signal lamp after performing certain tasis such as Off, Light Up, or Blink. Changing these settings didn't affect my attempts at checking the voltages outlined below.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I can't be much help but I think it's possible that the estop light works off a ground signal much like in a car. There's a constant positive voltage to the bulb no ground. When estop is activated the ground becomes active.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    I have reading of +24vdc at XS12-3 when the machine is sitting idle and it only goes to Zero vdc when in E-Stop. I do not get any voltage readings at any other terminal.
    Maybe the light is $850 because it has a $15 PLC in it it interpret that signal?

You could just use a relay set to turn on the YELLOW light for the NO contact so it turns on with +24V, and the RED light as the NC so it goes on when +24V goes away.

But that still doesn't solve the green light.... what you need is a spindle output not at zero rpm... if you had a VFD in there, it would probably have an output like that. If you had that, it could power another relay, one side going to the GREEN light, the other side providing power to the relay above.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Maybe the light is $850 because it has a $15 PLC in it it interpret that signal?

You could just use a relay set to turn on the YELLOW light for the NO contact so it turns on with +24V, and the RED light as the NC so it goes on when +24V goes away.

But that still doesn't solve the green light.... what you need is a spindle output not at zero rpm... if you had a VFD in there, it would probably have an output like that. If you had that, it could power another relay, one side going to the GREEN light, the other side providing power to the relay above.
    You are probably correct about the $15 PLC. Thanks for the work around tips.

It shouldn't have a plc in it, its just a dumb light stack. I just setup a robodrill with a 31i control that involved adding some logic along with custom alarms and m-codes to the PMC. Finding the outputs uses for the light shouldn't be too difficult if the light is currently implemented in the logic. Do you have any experience working with the PMC?

Quote Originally Posted by klxrcr View Post
    It shouldn't have a plc in it, its just a dumb light stack. I just setup a robodrill with a 31i control that involved adding some logic along with custom alarms and m-codes to the PMC. Finding the outputs uses for the light shouldn't be too difficult if the light is currently implemented in the logic. Do you have any experience working with the PMC?
    I wish I did have some experience with that. I just havent't had the exposure to it until now, see screen name.

Gotcha, I could have used some help with a Haas control a few months ago. Give me a few days I'll come up with some documents that should be able to help. What control version is on this robo?

Gotcha, I could have used some help with a Haas control a few months ago. Give me a few days I'll come up with some documents that should be able to help. What control version is on this robo?
    Sorry for the late reply, I was out all last week.

Control is a Fanuc 31i

BTW - I am on the Haas section here often, so hit me up any time you have a question.

I looked at the logic on a newer Robodrill D14LiA5 with a 31i control.

Red is connected to Y0023.0
    Yellow is connected to Y0023.1
    Green is connected to Y0023.2

You can view the ladder logic by pressing ESTOP then SYSTEM > RIGHT SOFT BUTTON > PMC LADDER > (OPRT) > SWITCH PMC (press until you see PMC1 in the upper left corner) > then arrow down to GLOBAL and press enter it will prompt for a password, enter #5555 and enter. This will let you view but not edit PMC1.

The lights were listed as END1, END2, END3 if you press SEARCH MENU you can enter the END1-3 names and see if they are in your logic. Highlighting the output name will show what output it is connected to.

Just for reference X is input Y is output.

I'll get some screen captures of the ladder and try to post them tonight.

I looked at the logic on a newer Robodrill D14LiA5 with a 31i control.

Red is connected to Y0023.0
    Yellow is connected to Y0023.1
    Green is connected to Y0023.2

You can view the ladder logic by pressing ESTOP then SYSTEM > RIGHT SOFT BUTTON > PMC LADDER > (OPRT) > SWITCH PMC (press until you see PMC1 in the upper left corner) > then arrow down to GLOBAL and press enter it will prompt for a password, enter #5555 and enter. This will let you view but not edit PMC1.

The lights were listed as END1, END2, END3 if you press SEARCH MENU you can enter the END1-3 names and see if they are in your logic. Highlighting the output name will show what output it is connected to.

Just for reference X is input Y is output.

I'll get some screen captures of the ladder and try to post them tonight.

My machine did not like the 5555 pasword. I will look through my books to see if I can find a different pasword.

Appreciate the help!

Did you add the "#" to the front?

Did you add the "#" to the front?
    Not initially, but tried it again with the #; still no go.

It's running right now, but I will try again in the morning to make sure I did not miss a step.

Still no luck accessing the ladder.

I have tried #5555, #0000, #1111, #1234, #9999, FANUC, CUNAF, SERVICE, and even the serial number. I even asked the service manager for our local RoboDrill dealer and he said they keep them at #5555 as well.

Any other ideas to try for password? Any way to recover what it is?

I thought I read in an obscure post somewhere (not here) that if the ladder is downloaded to a memory card, the password is listed in the download somewhere; anyone know if this is accurate? Is so, how would I go about downloading the ladder?