585,763 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > where is the best place to get a stand for a mini mill

where is the best place to get a stand for a mini mill

where is the best place to get a stand for a mini mill to use with coolant ??

Re: where is the best place to get a stand for a mini mill

HI
    Build it and it will come. Sorry if I sound flippant but most of us are building or have built the enclosures and chip trays for our machines. I never herd of a store for trays and enclosures for coolant. You don't say what machine you have but most sellers have stands that either come with the mill or can be purchased as an option. Then you can add a little or a lot to suit your needs. I first used a large garage oil drip pan to catch chips and help keep oil off my floor. I'm now building an enclosure to do a better job. Check out Hoss's thread for an enclosure for flood coolant. I have been using a Fog Buster air/liquid sprayer and it works great but the chips fly out and around a bit so I'm enclosing it now.
    Good luck
    CH

Re: where is the best place to get a stand for a mini mill

Grizzly sells a basic stand, you can use the base to store coolant adn pumps and build a chip tray ontop of that. Check it out.
    In the end it is mnore optimal to jsut build an enclosure, I have seen it done with a harbor freight wash tub and foam board. Here is the link to a basic low cose option.Building a CNC Mill Stand and Enclosure | Built to Spec

Several cheap easy ways to improve that design. Good luck!