585,933 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Weike Laser \ Reci Tube?

About to transfer the funds for a Weike 1390 laser. I've read everything I can on this forum and Sawmill creek and it seems so many of the issues are the same with this company (and many of the Chinese CNC comapnies). None of the issues seem too crazy. Especially since a domestic used unit is still 4x the cost. For this amount I am willing to troubleshoot a few electrical problems, clean some optics, re-align and deal with customs broker.

Two months from now I will be laughing at these words or crying.

I've added a spare laser tube, optics and drive belts to the order along with chiller unit and large extractor fan. Anything else from a spares perspective I should add? Also, we curious what a RECI tube is. I see that quite often and can;t seem to figure out what that is? Any help appreciated.

They are also saying it will be here in 30 days. Is this correct??

Cheers,
    T

Re: Weike Laser \ Reci Tube?

Yes, i think many members here have their experience with Reci tubes.
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

usually we will suggest cutomer choose spare laser power together, the RECI laser tube with warranty ,once broken ,we will send new one to you for free, don't worry ,

And by the ship, it wil need longer time ,30 days is normal

Quote Originally Posted by EVSC View Post
    About to transfer the funds for a Weike 1390 laser. I've read everything I can on this forum and Sawmill creek and it seems so many of the issues are the same with this company (and many of the Chinese CNC comapnies). None of the issues seem too crazy. Especially since a domestic used unit is still 4x the cost. For this amount I am willing to troubleshoot a few electrical problems, clean some optics, re-align and deal with customs broker.

Two months from now I will be laughing at these words or crying.

I've added a spare laser tube, optics and drive belts to the order along with chiller unit and large extractor fan. Anything else from a spares perspective I should add? Also, we curious what a RECI tube is. I see that quite often and can;t seem to figure out what that is? Any help appreciated.

They are also saying it will be here in 30 days. Is this correct??

Cheers,
    T
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

If you are getting a co2 tube as a spare. I would bear in mind that they loose power sitting on the shelf. If it sits there waiting to be used, you could open the spare tube and find that it will not work. Most of the time, you can get a new tube in about a week.

Milt

Thank you for choosing g.weike laser!
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521

OK.. The trigger has been pulled and the unit is 50% purchased. This will either seem like a great idea or a horrible idea in about 60 days. I have a pretty good feeling. Support so far has been incredible (pre-sale, of course) however I get the sense that Melody is going to take care of me until the end.

The software makes me nervous however if I need to upgrade out of the box there seems to be several option available (light object - lasercad, etc.). I think the FSL guys are crazy for not offering an upgrade kit to Chinese lasers. They would clean up. Someone else will have a Chinese laser upgrade kit soon I would think.

So that's it.. 1300 x 900 laser with 100W laser and various spares on the way. Thanks to this forum I feel pretty good about Weike, sending cash in advance, and decisions to purchase spares up front.

I'm really curious how they can send a 1000 pound crate 12,000 miles from China to the East coast of the USA.. That is simply amazing!

It is great to choose weike laser, we will have the best support , including pre-sale and after-sale service,don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by ohanasailing View Post
    OK.. The trigger has been pulled and the unit is 50% purchased. This will either seem like a great idea or a horrible idea in about 60 days. I have a pretty good feeling. Support so far has been incredible (pre-sale, of course) however I get the sense that Melody is going to take care of me until the end.

The software makes me nervous however if I need to upgrade out of the box there seems to be several option available (light object - lasercad, etc.). I think the FSL guys are crazy for not offering an upgrade kit to Chinese lasers. They would clean up. Someone else will have a Chinese laser upgrade kit soon I would think.

So that's it.. 1300 x 900 laser with 100W laser and various spares on the way. Thanks to this forum I feel pretty good about Weike, sending cash in advance, and decisions to purchase spares up front.

I'm really curious how they can send a 1000 pound crate 12,000 miles from China to the East coast of the USA.. That is simply amazing!
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Melody was my agent, second tube in about 2 years.

Machine was great, no problems at all. Had them arrange to get it to my door, panda logistics took care of it all. It is a work horse.

So far so good..

Received the laser a few weeks ago and picked it up at the local port (Wilmington, NC).

After loading it into a Uhaul trailer and unloading at our facility and unpackaging we will get into the guts of it tomorrow.

I will say that using an agent to handle the paperwork was a great decision. For $200 they handled all of the paperwork for us. It was effortless.

Melody was fantastic to work with. I asked her for 15-20 photos of the packout before it was bundled into the crate which gave a warm and fuzzy feeling. We spotted a couple difference between the order and the photos which I brought to her attention and she corrected.

The machine was packaged adequately. It worked. I suppose that is the bottom line! There were no injuries to the machine once it arrived so what else can I ask for from a packaging standpoint. We'll be getting into the machine tomorrow to see how it all works out..