585,687 active members*
4,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Want to make a Jig ( Bobart ver25)

Want to make a Jig ( Bobart ver25)

1st I will say that I rechecked my machine. I added some helper springs to my Z axis. I used a digital dial indicator ( a cheep one ) I only tested 0 to .500 movement. Z-would be about .4975 consistent after about 5 attempts. same for X and Y. I am using the 2010 screen-set and could not find the auto setup . In Mach3 it is in a screen and you tell it how much you want an axis to move then it asks how far did it move and makes a calculation and a setting.

Now to what I am trying to make . I want a 18" x18" 1/2 thick piece of MDF. I want to pocket it 1/8 deep. on 2 sides I want to leave about 1/2 material and the opposing sides cut away.I want a cut at 45degree in the raised part so as to be left with a square corner inside. Along the 45 line the length of the board I would like 1/4 holes for dowels spaced at 2" starting about 6' in from the raised side. 4 1/4 holes 1 in each corner and 4 1/4 holes along the edge spaced about 1/4 from the edge half way along each side.

I can see this thing but get lost trying to do cad. I am not a caddest or machinist . LOL

If some one would try to draw this I would love to have the steps and a Vid if you could. I may learn something.

Thank You
    Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Re: Want to make a Jig ( Bobart ver25)

Is this what you need/want? I did a 3 hole (as pictured) and a 4 hole (as described)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	246528

Yes exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

Don
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

The "yellow" holes were drawn 1/2" deep from Z zero. Considering the 1/8" step/lip, the model I drew is at 3/8" depth from that plane....

Don;
    Re: your first paragraph... Although this is a Mach3 question, I was not sure if I read into the post that you are STILL looking for the auto-setup feature. It is in the Settings screen just above the "Reset" button. Here is a video:
    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkO5tc-jSxw"

-STrack

Quote Originally Posted by Gallchobhair View Post
    I am using the 2010 screen-set and could not find the auto setup .
    Go to View > Load Screens, and load 1024.set. Go to the settings page and use the Calculate function. Then use View > Load screens, to switch back to the 2010 Screenset.

The calculate function is not part of the 2010 Screenset. The reason is that it's typically only used once, when you first set up your machine. Once setup, you should never have to use it again. And if you do, it takes about 10 seconds to access it in the stock screenset.
    I didn't want to waste any space on the screen for a button that normally never gets used.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Shortrack yes I was looking and you Gerry answered. I thought I would need to go back to the Mach3 screen. I was just Leary of doing that , as I have 2010 working and a bunch of settings. being new I did not want to mess things up by switching screens.

Thank You all
    Don