584,860 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VF3 1999 Z axis fault

Hoping someone can help me in the right direction on this.
    I shut my mill down and due to family issues I was not to start it again for a couple of months. At reset, Z axis made some strange movements and I got a 105 fault code.Anyone else had a similar situation?

Re: VF3 1999 Z axis fault

105 Z servo error too large. Too much speed or load on Z axis motor. The difference between the motor position and the commanded position has exceeded parameter 37. This alarm can be caused by problems with the driver, motor, or the slide being run into the mechanical stops.

What happens when you go into recover?

I am not aware of the recover feature of which you speak.Something I should learn about.
    I finally did what I should have done earlier.Swapped the Y axis servo amp with the Z.Now the error is showing for the Y. So it appears to be a servo amplifier.Hopefully not too costly a fix.Will quote with Haas tomorrow.Anyone tried out after market servo amps?Prices appear less than $600 USD.But not sure about putting one in my machine.
    Thanks for the replies.I think these forums help make everyones lives a bit easier.

Contacted Haas rep in Toronto today.Pretty surprising.With the core exchange,the price is very close to a knock off amp.I think I'll stick with the OEM supplier on this.Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHow View Post
    I am not aware of the recover feature of which you speak.Something I should learn about.
    I finally did what I should have done earlier.Swapped the Y axis servo amp with the Z.Now the error is showing for the Y. So it appears to be a servo amplifier.Hopefully not too costly a fix.Will quote with Haas tomorrow.Anyone tried out after market servo amps?Prices appear less than $600 USD.But not sure about putting one in my machine.
    Thanks for the replies.I think these forums help make everyones lives a bit easier.
    If your machine uses the old gold anodized non-smart servo amps the aftermarket units from Sequoia work very well and come with a 2 year warranty. Factory parts only come with a 90 warranty if the dealer installs them, you and I get nothing.

Thank you,

Phil