584,865 active members*
4,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 4th axis posting signed output when ABS is required (and specified in post)

V25 4th axis posting signed output when ABS is required (and specified in post)

Hi there,

I'm not sure - but think this must be a bug?

We have a Chiron mill with a rotary axis, it requires 0-360 Deg. angle code (NOT SIGNED) - I've changed post block 440 to '0' which should output ABS angles but we're still getting +/- angles.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm starting to think we might have a bug?

Thanks,

James

Re: V25 4th axis posting signed output when ABS is required (and specified in post)

When I change my line 440 to 0, it removes any sign from my rotation output....

Limiting the angle values to just be between 0-360 is done by the type of feature and possibly setting that option within the feature....

Do you have an example file? Maybe attach the post processor you think your using also...

Re: V25 4th axis posting signed output when ABS is required (and specified in post)

Hi there BurrMan,

Thanks for the reply.... I'm pulling my hair out over this problem.....

Please see HERE

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cwa298v5vlux6ee/AADN1vY9XbE9ifDWLAymOgH6a?dl=0

post and BC file of an example job that's giving me this problem.

Any help would be very very much appreciated.

Regards,

James

Hi 88,
    Well, a couple things.. First, translate all your geometry up in Y by 47.1239... Then re-select geometry and compute and post and check the code to see if it's what you want...

BobCad does all the unwrapping in the upper right quadrant of the stock coords.. Having it in the middle was forcing the rotation to go back and forth from the zero...

The other way is to edit the wrapping group "y zero location" and enter -47.1239 in there, will get rid of the negative rotations that are forced...

Again, both of those you should check the code output to be sure of it...

The other thing is your post processor is based off of the older variables for the rotary.. I don't know if this will hamper you in any way, but I would try and look into taking the Default new bc axismill post and modifying it to do what this post does.. Just to be sure to keep up with the newer software... (Maybe not necessary, but advisable?)

Post back if that doesn't get you going...

Hello again BurrMan,

Thanks very much for your input so far on this.... Much appreciated... right, have shifted the geometry as suggested so the the wrap geometry starts at Y0.0 yes this has stopped the - sign angles in the code output.... Next problem is that in the example BC file I posted here all the lines running oneway along the part cut fine, but the rotary is still running the wrong way on the second set (i.e if a line starts at 0 deg, and needs to finish at 315 degrees BC is actually posting 45 Deg if that makes sense?)

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

James

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Maybe that it may be cutting like this?

Attachment 257722

The engrave is kindof a "free" movement feature. Sometimes it can just decide where it wants to cut... Also, I didn't look, but those entities may actually be going in THAT direction?

The way to control the path, is to make "contours"... Here's a file where I separated the 2 sets and put contours on them....

The other thing I did was add a "profile operation"..... The profile op will do the same thing, though give more control and power about what happens... I think the downfall is just that in V25 you cant set a v-tool? Maybe someone else can jump in on that....

Hi BurrMan,

Thanks for all the input on this.... I've 'cracked' the problem by limiting the allowable posted angle to less than 180 Degrees. The control seems much happier with this. It makes more lines of code, but this isn't a problem for me.

Many thanks again for your help.

James