585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > V12 Hobby - 3D Simulator?

V12 Hobby - 3D Simulator?

Hey guys. I first installed the version 13 full demo and noticed the 3D simulation. I liked that aspect. It is new from Version 10 that I have.

I downloaded the Hobby version 12 and though I think the 3DS should be there, it isn't showing up when I go to select the lathe style. I do have 64 bit Win 7. Not sure if that makes a difference. I noticed that Dolphin did install into the Program files (x86) folder. The 3DS install has both 32 bit and 64 bit installs and I chose the 64 bit.
    Should 3DS be installed with the Hobby Demo?

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Lee

Re: V12 Hobby - 3D Simulator?

Okay, Guys.
    I did go ahead and purchase an updated version today. It will play nicely with 64 bit Win 7.
    The 3D simulation is disabled in the Hobby version Demo download, but just download the full version 13 Demo instead. DC mentioned they include the 3D sim in the current hobby version too.
    There are a few extra features and import options that are updated in version 13 as well.
    Nice. It is basically the same basic GUI though. Nice and familiar and not overwhelming. The 3D simulation is really all the eye candy you need. save the hardware for number crunching. Operations are instant except for the 3D sim. It takes a couple seconds to load. It takes place in it's own app.

After seeing quotes starting at $1250 plus yearly maint fees and another quote starting at 2500 for just the lathe express module, I settled right back on Dolphin. No learning curve.
    Anyone looking for some good turning software at a reasonable price should request a quote from them. I will start modeling some chess pieces soon. I said that about 7 years ago too.
    Lee