585,715 active members*
3,724 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > For Sale Only > Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powered Desktop

Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powered Desktop

Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powered Desktop

***We are willing to ship and motivated to sell - just didn't like the shipping options provided.***

After about 6 weeks in production, we have decided to dramatically alter our production process and as a result have no need for this unit. We spent about 200 hours assembling, tuning and calibrating the machine and it is turn key ready.

The sale includes:

Pro CNC machine
    Control box and all electronics
    A custom built and very powerful desktop computer
    Mach3 with our tuned profiles
    Pepperl + Fuchs Proximity Limit Switches
    Extremely stiff and robust custom built stand
    Cable Track Kit
    Router Mount and Router

The Nema 34 motors can accommodate rapids of up to 1200 IPM with production speeds of 500 IPM.

We added a fifth axis controller but have not implemented any tooling with it. I have included below an abbreviated summary from CNC Router Parts on the machine.

The PRO4896 CNC provides a huge work area that supports working with large materials, like full 48" x 96" plywood or 49" x 97" Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) sheets.

The PRO4896 features their V-Con linear motion system, PRO Rack and Pinion drives on the X and Y axes, and Ballscrew Z Axis, offering higher speeds, greater stiffness and spindle capacity than the standard CRP4896 machine.

It is designed to easily expand to a larger machine in the future simply by adding more framework, gear rack and V-Con components.

Specs:

Work Area:
    X: 99.5"
    Y: 51.5"
    Z: 8" (expandable to 12")

Footprint: 62" (1575mm) x 112.2" (2850mm)
    Nema 34 motors: Rapids up to 1200 IPM+, cutting feedrates 500 IPM+*
    Repeatability to +/-0.001" or better, accuracy to +/-0.005" or better (verified through our applications)

The cold rolled steel rails use for the V-Control Rail and V-Bearing system have been case hardened to a Rockwell HRC 60+ rating through a heat-treating process. While this is not strictly necessary for normal machine operation, it helps to prevent superficial wear marks and can result in longer-lasting rails under heavy use conditions.

The machine and software have functioned excellently - they just don't match our application. We would consider delivery within 400 miles of Austin, Texas for a negotiated fee. We would also potentially consider a partial trade for tools we could use, i.e. top tier cabinet saw, Shelix or sanding planer, dust control infrastructure, etc.

List Date: 12/2/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powered Desktop
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $14,000.00 + $1,000.00 Shipping

--------------------------------------

Mobile friendly version: Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powered Desktop

Re: Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powe

It looks like a fairly standard 3-axis 80-20 extrusion based build. Where are the 4th and 5th axes? Is there a trunnion you're not showing?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Turnkey: Pro Level CNC Router Parts 5 axis 4' X 8' with V-Con + Mach3 + High Powe

Hey awerby. Sorry for any confusion, let me clarify. This particular CNC has two Nema 34's on the X axis, slaved together. It is wired for a fifth axis from the control box (so a fourth in strictly practical terms) but we have not added any tooling to that effect.

I'm having a lot of trouble seeing $14,000 second hand value (let alone new) in the machine. Why so expensive?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Our price is based upon the initial investment in the machinery and electronics (around $10k), the $2k desktop computer (capable of running CAD/CAM software), the stand we built, and all the hours of building and calibrating the kit.

The value in the original kit derives primarily from it's stiffness, rigidity and speed, which gives it legitimate manufacturing capabilities in a build-yourself-kit that's not $30,000. The movement of the gantry on all axes and on the Z takes place on a cold-rolled steel railing that has been tilted to create a V, then there are double bearing setups on each sled which effectively prevents the machine from travelling in any direction other than the one intended - creating significant stiffness even at high speeds. The Z axis is also a ball screw, which greatly improves accuracy and eliminates the possibility of backlash.

This was the pricing structure recommended by the vendor as a starting point (a $2k markup to account for time invested versus retail for their unassembled kits) as it is a high quality, high speed unit that is turn key ready. Were motivated to sell but we're not giving it away either, so if you have a counter offer message me and we'll talk.

If you're watching this table contact me with any questions or to make a counteroffer.

Quote Originally Posted by magicrobots View Post
    If you're watching this table contact me with any questions or to make a counteroffer.
    Is this machine still available? I sent you a pm.
    Thanks
    shawn

Hey mootsman, email me at [email protected]

I sent you an email yesterday. It may have landed in your junk folder..