585,708 active members*
3,705 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Trying to find Modbus commands for Modbus access in VB scripts

Hello

I have sucessfully added a swappable 3D printer head to my DIY router and have printed parts. I am now working on a modified screenset for this adaptation. I am using Automation Direct's Solo temp controllers for the extruder and build table I have programmed USER DRO's to read temps and Read/Write set points as well as User LED's to indicate when temps are within limits using the Modbus protocal and Mach3 Brains.

My next steps are
    1.The ability enable/disable the temp controllers by pressing a screen button. The button would set a bit in the controller's register to stop or start the output.
    2. The ability enable/disable the temp controllers with an M-Code within a program.
    3. The ability to change the temp setpoints with an M-Code within a program.
    4. The ability to have the program wait (Dwell -I think) until the temps are within range.

I am new to the VB script writing and am looking for any pointers or examples that can help me in my endevor. I have been reading the docs on the Artsoft Web site and have started writing code but I have been searching for VB script commands that can directly access Modbus addresses and have had very little success.

Re: Trying to find Modbus commands for Modbus access in VB scripts

Update:
    I completed the first rendition of my new 3D print screen. Nothing fancy just functional. Since I use Slic3er to generate the G code, I am writing custom M codes to operate the temp controllers that match Slic3rs output. So far I figured out how to use M104 and M140 to change the set point values. Next up, write the M109 and M190 to pause the program until temp is reached. I am still stuck on Modbus scripting. These controllers have a Run/Stop bit to run the output rather than just turning it off via relay. I would like to use a screen button for this. Any ideas in this direction would be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you read the info in this manual, starting at page 103?
    http://www.machsupport.com/wp-conten...o_Prog_Ref.pdf

Not sure if that helps, as I have no Modbus experience.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the responce. Yes I am working with this manual and experimenting with the commands. It looks like what I need but not much info to go on. I have sucessfully connected to the temp controllers and have started the custom M codes. So far I can read the process temps to a USER DRO and set the setpoints with the DRO using Brains and have been able to adjust temp set point with M Codes using macros. The last peice of this puzzle is to turn on and off the output and access the auto tune feature of the temp controllers with macros. I am learning a lot and I am sure i will stumble accross something that will work soon.

By the way, I use your 2010 screen for all my router work. The automated tool touch off macros have made my life much easier. Thanks for the great work.