584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Totally Pumped! I got published in Digital Machinist Mag again!!

Totally Pumped! I got published in Digital Machinist Mag again!!

The article (Digital Machinist, Volume 9, Issue 1), is called;

“Reading (and drawing) Electrical Prints for Your Machine”,

which was from a real world retrofit of a Bridgeport II CNC. It has 1.3KW DC Servo drives pushed by “CNC Drives” 160V; 35A drives (x3), an “Automation Direct” 3kw VFD spindle drive, an “ESS” with multiple “CNC4PC” breakouts and other components! The Prints for this build are downloadable from Digital Machinist project downloads page, and includes a BOM. The prints are 11” x 17” standard industrial size (PDF Format), so you would need a large format printer if you want to print out a hardcopy set.

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Re: Totally Pumped! I got published in Digital Machinist Mag again!!

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    The article (Digital Machinist, Volume 9, Issue 1), is called;

“Reading (and drawing) Electrical Prints for Your Machine”,

which was from a real world retrofit of a Bridgeport II CNC. It has 1.3KW DC Servo drives pushed by “CNC Drives” 160V; 35A drives (x3), an “Automation Direct” 3kw VFD spindle drive, an “ESS” with multiple “CNC4PC” breakouts and other components! The Prints for this build are downloadable from Digital Machinist project downloads page, and includes a BOM. The prints are 11” x 17” standard industrial size (PDF Format), so you would need a large format printer if you want to print out a hardcopy set.

Scott
    Scott,

Way to go, How about a monthly column dedicated to Mach3?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Re: Totally Pumped! I got published in Digital Machinist Mag again!!

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Scott,

Way to go, How about a monthly column dedicated to Mach3?

Jeff...
    Jeff,

The Mag is published 4 times per year (quarter system). I would be glad to do that, but there are already guys that post M3 articals in the mag. M3 has just about reached the end of its life-cycle, and M4 should be moving from Alpha to Beta hopefully sooner than later. Most of the low level M3 stuff has been covered already.
    the "Higher" level stuff like: VB scripting, Modbus/Brains, and Plugins are all topics that would require multi-part-articals over several issues due to the complexity and shear volume of UNDOCUMENTED concepts..........

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/