585,722 active members*
4,601 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Auto Tool Changer > Tool change interrupted in mdi

Tool change interrupted in mdi

I have an error message on a ycm supermax 158B TV Series (1062 M6 Arm L. S error!)
    I need help to reset the tool changer in starting position. I don't think it's the limit switch because the operator interrupted the tool change by switching to the handle while in mdi. The position of the arm is out of the spindle and have already tried manual clamp/unclamp. Any ideas would be very helpful

Re: Tool change interrupted in mdi

I don't know if this will work or not. I just purchased a cnc mill with a fanuc 18-M control. I was trying to learn how to tool change it and locked it up. The tool arm was all the way to the spindle to grab the tool. It alarmed out and locked up. In reading the fanuc book I went to MDI typed in M31; EOB entire. This over road something then I put the machine into jog. I was able to go to the tool ATC control panel and using the ATC arm switch to hold it down and manually move the arm home. After this I cleared out everything and I was good to go. Make sure to have your tool pots in a safe position.