585,722 active members*
4,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > CNC Wire Foam Cutter Machines > the axis don't run smoothly, stopping Mach3 demo?

the axis don't run smoothly, stopping Mach3 demo?

I build a new 4 axis CNC Wire Foam Cutter machine. (stepper motors 23 nemo, TB6550) I use for the G-code Profili2 pro and running the tool Mach3 demo version.
    I finished the hardware installation yesterday. I did the motor tuning and units calibration.
    As I wrote, I use currently Mach3 demo version. When I created the first g-code file in profili2 and loaded it in Mach3. I could not see the whole picture on Mach3 screen, which I wanted to cut. I checked the settings in profili2. I found one setting called "number of generated points", which was set by default 1000. I changed it to 450 points and created next g-code file.After that I could see the whole picture cut in mach3. So I was very happy. I started to run the file in mach3.

First there was three movements up and down in the vertical direction. I suppose, this is the conditioning of the hot wire set by default by profili2. After that started the movement of the all axis. The axis did not move smoothly. It looked like pulses, which got every stepper motor each. I observed the mach3 screen. Every G-code raw was small movement and than came very small pause. Next raw the same and again. I checked the TB6560 as well. There were installed light diode for every stepper motor each. I could observed that the diodes switched on and off every G-code raw.
    Was this happened doe to demo version of Mach3? Is there another SW for free, which I can use instead of Mach3?
    Wrong motor settings/ motor tuning?
    Wrong calibration?

Thanks for help
    best regards Libor

Re: the axis don't run smoothly, stopping Mach3 demo?

Turn on CV mode in General Config.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: the axis don't run smoothly, stopping Mach3 demo?

Hi Gerry, thank you very much for your help. Your recommendation fixed the issue. I was able to cut my first wings yesterday. Great feeling.
    The surface of the wing on the upper side is a bit wavy the remaining part of the wing is clear.
    I think, this is due to wrong stepper motors setting in the vertical direction. (There is very small movement in vertical direction compared to the horizontal) The speed and acceleration is too hight. I will reduce it today.
    What do you think how could I get rid of the wave surface?
    Thanks for help.
    Libor