The idea for this is simple! Create something with your PlasmaCam CNC table, or your Samson 510 CNC table, or any other PlasmaCam table, and post photos or videos of it here.

Other PlasmaCam table owners will then try to TOP IT with something better!

The rules are simple:

1. You can use any material (steel, aluminum, wood, plexiglass, MDF, drywall, foam, Formica, etc.)

2. You can use any tool (Router, engraver, airbrush, die grinder, plasma torch, paint pen, glue gun, sandblaster, etc.) that is attached to the carriage assembly during use, as well as hand tools and other tools necessary for completion of the project.

3. The major components of the item you make MUST be made on your PlasmaCam table. Additional items like wood trim or lighting, and mechanical devices such as clock mechanisms may be added, so long as the main components of the item came from a PlasmaCam table.

4. Post a log of the time it took to design, create and produce the item, and the basic steps you took to accomplish the task.

Example:

Napkin doodle - 1 hour
Software used - (DesignEdge, Sketchup, AutoCAD, etc.)
Cut Path(s) layout - 30 minutes
Table cutting - 30 minutes
Cleanup, sanding, etc. - 10 minutes
Painting and extra work - 2 hours
Final assembly - 30 minutes
Material Costs - $ ###.##
Sale Price - $ ###.##
Sold? (y/n) ____

(optional)
Tools used -
Helper used? (y/n) ___
FIRST one produced? (y/n) ___

5. Check back here to see if your challenge has been met!

-----

Since I do not yet have my plasma cutter hooked to my table, I will have to watch in silent envy as those of you who are already cutting with a plasma torch raise the bar on me.

However ... when I get my HyperTherm 85 hooked up, I'll be here ... plotting ...