585,908 active members*
3,744 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Stepper motor stall when cable attached to PC.

Hi all.

I am totally new to CNC world. Recently I started learning CNC so hubby DIY a simple CNC router for me to familiarize myself with the machine before moving on the a real CNC Router:Walter6545L.

The link below is to the website where he bought driver board.

http://www.hyu68.com/cp8.htm

1-I have installed PCI parallel card to my desktop in order to run Mach 3 from there. The pc is running on XP.

2-On the laptop, I installed Flash Cut Demo and using USB to parallel converter to connect to the CNC. The laptop OS is Win7.

The problem is, whenever I attached the cable from CNC to the desktop/laptop, all lights on the driver board for X,Y,Z and A axes are on. Hubby said the light is supposed to blink only when the motor is running. I tried running G-code in Mach3 and FlashCut but the motor stalled. They don't respond to the program at all. But when we detached the cable from CNC to the lappy/desktop, all lights went off. We tried jog using pendant and the motor ran nicely.

I don't understand what I've done wrong? It is the cable problem? I tried changing cable, but same problem happened once the cable attached to the PC, the lights were on and the motor stalled. Detached the cable, lights went off and motor running good.

Please, please help me!

Thank you.

Han.

Some parallel cards output a low voltage signal that may not drive the CNC board properly.

Do you have access to a multimeter? Can you check the voltages on the parallel port output pins? Voltages close to 5 volts should be good. If you have voltages closer to 3.3 volts you may have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
    Some parallel cards output a low voltage signal that may not drive the CNC board properly.

Do you have access to a multimeter? Can you check the voltages on the parallel port output pins? Voltages close to 5 volts should be good. If you have voltages closer to 3.3 volts you may have a problem.

Thank for the reply.

Checked. Pin 14 and 15, are 5V.

The same problem occurred when I attached the cable to the laptop. Just now I tried running Mach3 from the desktop connected to Walter but the machine did not respond too.

Any idea?

There is a lot of discussion about similar boards at http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...y_chinese.html

Thank you Doorknob. Devouring the thread right now.

Problem SOLVED

I had my TB6560 running nicely after found this thread.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...560_board.html

I set up the pin wrongly in Mach 3. This thread clear any confusion you might have regarding the driver board.

I should (nuts) myself

Thank you.

Problems wit 5 axis breakout HYZK01

Guys, looks like I have bought a problem breakout board. This board appears to come without instructions and has several internal problems. Anyone get one of these going? What settings to use for the 6 switches? How to set up the analogue output for the spindle control? I bought 4 of these and hope they are not junk.

regards
    Billfle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails user_manual_in_english.jpg  

Re: Problems wit 5 axis breakout HYZK01

Hi I also require some help, hope u can assist. I have just purchased 1 of these boards and can't find a manual anywhere for it. Busy fighting with e bay supplier. Please if u could send me a link would be much appreciated.

Hello Mark, I also had problems initially. I have converted my KX1 CNC milling machine to enable it to be used with Mach3. There was possibly a better way but I did not know of it at the time and just needed to use better software than that offered by Seig. I bought the board as it did have a lot of features but when it arrived virtually without instruction it certainly caused problems. I did source some information from the internet but ended up reverse engineering the board. I am having memory problems but have a look at the attachments which give the mach3 output selection which is mostly normal. If you need the PWM control it is available using this board. The transistors associated with each relay were NPN? but needed to be PNP? I just can't recall. I did swap them and it worked well.
    The switches are for selecting the duty of the output. An output can be selected in mach3 but the board can give either a relay output or an output to the stepper controllers. If you have a bit of electronic knowledge and a bit of time it will reveal itself perhaps. If you do have further problems I may be able to open the case and photograph the detail for you.
    Please stay in touch as this is an interesting board and it works well for me.
    It would appear the Word, Excel and JPG files are a bit large. I will need to find another way of passing the detail to you, any ideas? Perhaps an email address?

Hi billfe, thanks for your reply. I do have electronic experience but would appreciate any advise on this challenge. At the moment I am looking online for some more info. I have also e mailed the supplier and awaiting their response if any. I am building my second machine using Mach3, this breakout board and using 4 axis Leadshine HBS57 Hybrid servo drives with digital servo's with feedback control for the first time. They work great from what I have see online. As for the files and pics you may have to help me on my way my email is [email protected] or perhaps we can share a google drive I find that a good way to share files. Anyways I am going to do a little more hunting for specs etc..and this week will just start wiring parts up and see what transpires and take it from there. I'll keep you posted on any developements. I will attempt the pwm to my VFD this week as well. I have the chinese 2.2kw watercooled spindle and VFD for this new build. Cheers Mark

Re: Stepper motor stall when cable attached to PC.

Here you go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HY-JK02-M.pdf  

Hi 2e0poz, unfortunately this is not the board. The one we are discussing has 4 relays, 5 axis with switchable outputs. It also has PWM ability for the spindle.
    Thanks anyway.

regards

Bill

Sorry just relised i uploaded the wrong one. I'm sure i have it somewhere so will dig it out