584,802 active members*
4,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Spindle controller rpm output connections assistance needed!

Spindle controller rpm output connections assistance needed!

I am trying to go closed loop with my new BLDC spindle motor and controller and need some help deciphering the outputs from the control board and how they should be connected to the breakout board. I am attaching documentation below in hopes that someone can better explain how i should address this. I can't understand the writing and i have difficulty in interpreting the schematic they have supplied and not sure if i am over complicating it or if i am right in being weary in my doubts of how to do this.

The system:

- Mach3
    - Cnc4pc c11g rev.8 breakout board
    - Hipool bldc spindle motor with controller (uses on board hall effect sensor for single pulse per revolution output)

below is the manual for the C11G Rev.8 Breakout Board and Hipool BLDC motor and controller:

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C11GR8_2_USER_MANUAL.pdfC11G Rev.8 Breakout Board Manual

Here is a put together diagram of my components which may help clearly explain the connections and jumper settings hopefully, i also included an image of the page describing the RPM sensor pulse output with an electrical diagram from hipool which is a little beyond my understanding.

Attachment 253632

Attachment 253634

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Spindle controller rpm output connections assistance needed!

Looking it over and the "Chinglish" instructions, apart from a manual panel, I do not see step/dir or analogue control, only serial? And possibly PWM?
    Unfortunately this is what you get when you purchase this kind of equipment, seeing how the instructions are written you may have difficulty getting support from the OEM.
    Is is supposed to interface with Mach? If so they should have included an example!!
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It has both the o option for pwm and analog step/Dir, I am currently running it in analog 0-10v and everything is working well with exception of the non linear analog input requirements. Spindle rpm cannot be made to match commanded Sword throughout the rpm range. So I am trying to go closed loop so I can auto calibrate commanded and actual RPM to work throughout the rpm range.

I am just trying to figure out how to feed the hall sensor pulse to mach through the breakout board so I can begin calibrating.

Chris

Possibly you may be able to use the Mach PWM from the P.P. directly instead of the PWM-analogue conversion?
    It is my understanding that the spindle pulse is for X syncronizing for threading etc. not spindle sync, but I really don't use Mach so I could be wrong.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

There is a calibration function that runs the spindle through its rpm range and adjusts output to tune the commanded to actual rpm and stores the curve. But I have to connect the vldc controllers pulse to the breakout board for mach to set for it to work.

That's what I need to do is get the pulse output from the motor control wired to the breakout board, that's all... Everything else works great now