585,997 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SolidCAM Turning

I have recently downloaded the trial version of SolidCAM 2014 to see if it would be useful for my turning machines. Only one default machine appears when I select "turning" to make a new SolidCAM project, and I want to program SolidCAM for a MIYANO 64, which has two spindles, and two 12-station all-driven turrets. How do I do this?

Also, I wanted to know if there is any option to select the material of the piece, to be more accurate in the simulation times.

I´ve also heard about iMachining for SolidCAM, that it saves a lot of time. What does iMachining do exactly to achieve better times??

Thank you all!!

Re: SolidCAM Turning

I think with any cam program with a machine that complex you will have to pay for a post processor that will tell the cam program how to output code for the machine.

The material and machine will determine what speeds and feeds are appropriate, simulation time should be pretty accurate, though if the cam program doesn't account for axis acceleration, it would be off some amount.

Imachining is for milling only (I think), it spirals down to the full cutter depth, and uses a constant stepover pattern, so that tool load is fairly constant while cutting.
    This decreases machine time, and is easier on cutters.

Talking Re: SolidCAM Turning

Quote Originally Posted by alan_3301 View Post
    I think with any cam program with a machine that complex you will have to pay for a post processor that will tell the cam program how to output code for the machine.

The material and machine will determine what speeds and feeds are appropriate, simulation time should be pretty accurate, though if the cam program doesn't account for axis acceleration, it would be off some amount.

Imachining is for milling only (I think), it spirals down to the full cutter depth, and uses a constant stepover pattern, so that tool load is fairly constant while cutting.
    This decreases machine time, and is easier on cutters.
    Isn´t there any other way to program the machine by myself? I have all the data that I would need.

How much does a post processor cost and where could I buy it?

And how I input the material?

Thank you

Re: SolidCAM Turning

Hello£¬

If you need any help, I know something about how to create mill_turn post, and how to make accurate time during the simulation. my email is [email protected].

Thank you.