584,860 active members*
5,386 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sodick A280 Wire Edm

This machine has been running fine. I needed to move the table in MDI mode so I pressed the X- button and the machine gave a "Heat Stop by Overload" error. I have seen that error before so I rebooted the computer. Usually that error goes away. I checked the two Servopacks and the lights appeared to be OK. I rebooted the computer and pushed the X- button but now the machine moved in the X+ direction until it hit the X+ limit switch. I rebooted the machine again and tried a move. No matter which button I pushed (X+, X-, Y+ or Y-) the machine moved in the X+ direction until it hit the limit switch. I changed both servopacks and I still have that problem.

I can program moves in MDI mode and both axes move correctly except that now it moves approximately twice as far as programed. I can go into "Cutting" mode, program a distance and it will cut a part just fine.

Re: Sodick A280 Wire Edm

I don't know this machine, but is it possible you were not in MDI and in Setup, accidently, and the x- changed some setting therein. If you hit the key, thinking you were in MDI and really you were accidently in the setup screen... then you could have accidently changed a setting, and some setting don't like minus...

I would look at, when you accidently hit the setup screen button instead, what window pop's up, and did somthing happen therein?

Only a thought...
    Robot & Machine Design - BLUECNC4, GreenCNC3, RedCNC2L, SilverCNC2; CNC Software!
    www.truemachinedesign.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - www.truemachineautomation.com