586,009 active members*
4,728 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sinumerik 810M GA3 Alarms not resolved by usual reset

Hi everyone. Can someone please help me how to remove the alarms in my Peddinghaus FDB1000 machine?
    The control is Sinumerik 810M GA3 .I got this Power ON alarm, #4 ORD 2 "Incorrect Unit System".
    At the moment I can't get rid of this alarm, thus I can't start the hydraulic and unable to run the servo drives..I need an advice please.....

Re: Sinumerik 810M GA3 Alarms not resolved by usual reset

Can somebody help me please?

Hi,

I'm not an expert but I think you have a deeper problem.
    The ORD number means the order in which the alarms pop up.
    In your case ORD1 is the mean problem I think, the UMS memory is missing or corrupt the others are directly followed if the memory is missing, some MD may be missing which causing the others alarms to show, check your MD if you have a backup there will be something wrong for sure (assingment, travel....)

Good luck
    Gr
    Bart

Hello Bart. Thanks for the reply. I tried several times this Clear Initials procedure if its gonna work but no success. I checked the NC MD back up from its PC and I saw a lot of differences with the one installed in Sinumerik. I'm unsure of it, so I get in touched with the company who supplied the machine and they were telling its the right one. There are a lot of values to be modify if ever then. At this moment I'm not doing anything yet. Do you have any idea which particular
    NC file I should modify to answers those specific alarms? I'm sorry to ask a very specific question but maybe others or you might know. These are the overview of NC MD from my machine. General data (0-269), Axial data 1 (2000-3999),
    Axial data 2 (10,000-10999), Spindle data (4000-4619), Machine bits (5000-6249), Channel bits (1000-1199).

The 1st alarm is the problem causing the others to show I think.
    The UMS is the memory which (can) contain all backup and machine data. Since alarm 1 tells there is a indentifier problem I reckon the controller can't load its correct MD and therefor show the other alarms.
    The info I have tells me alarm #4:
    An impermissible combination has been selected in MD 5002 between the measuring system units (position control resolution (bit 0,1,2 and 3) and the input system units (conversion factor greater then 10)
    Correct MD5002 and switch control off and on.
    The axis MD for assigment are in the 4000-4520 range. (4000 is spindle assigment itself (which is in the alarm).
    As I said before I'm not an axpert, but you should look into the ums alarm first to my opinion.

gr
    Bart

Hello. I took the back up file for NC and PLC machine data and entered the right value to the Sinumerik.
    The result... a lot of alarms were removed. What was left was the alarm #8 Wrong axis/spindle assign.
    From alarm list it says I have to enter the right MD's for MD 200*, MD 400* or MD 461*. I did get from the original back up and entered
    but the alarm still not disappear...Any idea? I know I'm getting near now....

Hi,

You're getting close indeed.
    MD2001 is for the first Axis and 2002 for the second one.
    You can also determine the increments, that may cause the problem too.
    In these you tell the machine to which encoder a certain measuring circuit is connected, if everything is Original these should be 1100 or 1200 (in MD2002)
    Hope this helps a bit,

Gr
    Bart

Hello Bart. I checked everything and put back the original values:

N 2000 =1100
    N 2001 =1200
    N 2002 =1300
    N 2003 =2100

N 4000 =0
    N 4001 =0
    N 4010 =0
    N 4011 =0

I assumed these are the right values since the machine is working during that time unless there are other
    unsolved issues. After entering these values the Alarm still in there...

My last resort is performing the Reloading of CNC data routine, however by the time I'm already transmitting the MD data from the PC,
    the Sinumerik isn't responding. In short the data hasn't transferred. I did numerous times and tried several diff. baud rates but no success..

I'm run out of option this time....

Hello Bart. I'm grateful for your time helping me out on this. Actually I have an old problem which right now connected to the present one.
    I don't know if you have experienced in the past regarding a problem on the data and program transfer from PC to NC control. Before this problem occured,
    I have a random data transfer problem on my machine. Sometimes the transmission is successful and sometimes not.
    Going back to my present problem, since I can't transfer back up files (TEA1, TEA2, PCP, PCA etc.) to the NC control, I just entered manually the right values of TEA1 & TEA2 but not PCP, I can't. Its a plc file which can possibly loaded only thru interface cable.. In order to do this I need to know first why I am experiencing this problem. Why the data transmission isn't stable at all time? I replaced cable one time but problem still exist..Any idea on this??

If anybody encounter this, kindly share your advice.

Thanks in advance.

No problem,
    I've had a simular problem on mine in the past and it turned out I needed Step5 to upload all the files.
    I tried several times to upload, even do it manually but without succes, in the end if uploaded with Step5 everything worked fine, but there is no difference I can find.
    The connection is indeed not bullet proof, often I can't get it to upload programs from the first go.
    Be sure to erase what is there before you upload a new one, otherwise it won't work.

reloading instructions you can find here

https://support.industry.siemens.com...=0&pageSize=10

good luck