585,926 active members*
3,853 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Run from line U100L

Run from line U100L

Hello to the forum.
    In a U100L is possible to start the program from a determined line number?
    This is useful for me to repeat some operation were chips were to many or similar.
    Thank you,
    Filipe

Re: Run from line U100L

Quote Originally Posted by fomaz View Post
    Hello to the forum.
    In a U100L is possible to start the program from a determined line number?
    This is useful for me to repeat some operation were chips were to many or similar.
    Thank you,
    Filipe
    Several ways actually. Sequence restart with the N# of the line, sequence restart using the action counter top right of the screen (good for starting in the middle of LAP cycles, etc., or cursor to the line number you want, hold I/L button and cycle start.

"hold I/L button and cycle start" is perfect for me!
    That you very much.

Use caution when using I/L method since it has read no code at that point. Spindle may not be running, offset not active, etc.

It works ok as all my programs have the necessary conditions after tool changes, and normally I want to run programs from its middle when a tool change occurs (different operation == different tool).

I want to run programs from its middle when a tool change occurs
    isn't it better to use M00 (unconditional operator interrupt) or M01 (conditional operator interrupt) instead? If you use the restart on a regular basis. You took the most dangerous way with interlock release.

The sequence restart is the standard and accepted method to start a program in the middle, then the control will read all codes and position the turret as well at the correct position ready for the next operation.
    as Algirdas said it is very dangerous to use I/L + start
    It is much better to just type N123 WRITE then press Sequence Restart and let the machine do the thinking. Your bad habits will eventually get you into trouble and your machine will eventually end up in 3 pieces if you do not do things in a defined and disciplined way.

Thank you

I understand the risks of starting a program from the middle. It can be indeed problematic if the starting point is not before well defined code that defines what to do after (in my case, and after I got to know the I/L + start I always started from the line before a tool change, that minimizes the risks, and until now all was good). However I would like to know more details about the suggested method (N123 WRITE then press Sequence Restart), that unfortunately I do not know how to work with.

This is in auto mode, MDI mode? N123 I supose that is the line number, but I have no idea where/in what conditions to write it.
    More details would be appreciated.
    Thank you

1. Line numbering is automatic in the Okuma lathe OSP. Spaces after the line number You can get using find/replace command. sure, it's much easier to do on the PC and transfer ready part program to OSP.
    2. You call program for execution as normal - auto mode and so on
    3. Find the required line number. You need it to be sure the entire program is in the execution buffer.
    4. Sequence restart. The control reads all the program, all variables and modes are actvated as must be
    5. Single step mode on (not necessary)
    6. sequence start - green button. the control makes tool change, starts the spindle as required and so on.
    7. Some steps in step mode and step mode off when you are sure about safety.

in memory mode just type in N then the line number then press write then press sequence restart
    i.e.
    N123 [WRITE] [SEQUENCE RESTART]