584,829 active members*
5,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Ruida RDC6442G problem

So, here is another problem got on my laser machine...

In the middle of a cutting job, i looked at the machine lcd, to see job time... screen frozen... ok, i said... let the job finish, then, reboot the cutter... happend once or twice... after 20 minutes i did that... machine rebooted ok, but the controler LCD all white... weird, but wtf... it's made in china, so ****s happens... power off, wait 10 minutes, and power on again... and still in the same condition...

The laser works ok, but the LCD is all white... no image, no nothing... just a white light... the buttons are working, the laser is working, but no image on the "wonderfull" full color lcd...
    The controler is a RUIDA RDC6442, on a laser engraver used about 300hours in 10 months... 3rd bad problem i get since i bought it...

Question is: i can change just the front panel? or i can find a better controler even if it's more expensive?
    do i have other better alternatives for controllers than ruida ?

the rouida controler is mounted in a 1200x900 laser engraver with a 80w RECI tube...

Thanks in advance for any construcive advices

Re: Ruida RDC6442G problem

Hi Michael

you can change the panel. it is not a big problem

Ruida is as good as Leetro controller.
    it is not necessary to change another controller
    www.wklaser.com [email protected] SKYPE: cyosusu
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/people/Cuicui-Zhang/100005165685762

its not the reboot, try wiggling the connectors - the quality of parts is such that the contact is intermitent . i didn't have ruida controller , but it seems it is quite common issue. after i find a good position display stays connected for some time.
    the consolation here is that the front panel is not nessesery to run the job and machine can be commanded from PC . its anoying, but works

Hello sanyyos, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, about your problems, hope my suggestion can help you.
    I know the controller RDC6442G is made in China. it is average in China, we still can find some bugs when we use it, but we test many other different Chinese brand, Ruida Controller is better(even though it is still not so good for you), and we don't have so much problem with our ruida controller, I think you get an inferior quality product, you can ask your supplier for help and ask them send a new one to you.
    Have a nice day. :violin:

thanks all for your answers...
    for the moment, i made it work... some isopropylic alcohool, a tooth brush and it's ok for the moment, but i don't think it's a permanent fix...
    Nolan, what is THE BEST controler for a laser machine and what it can do better than ruida?

Hello sanyyos, sorry for the late reply. I have to help our customers solve their problems firstly, if I still have time later, I will login in CNC forum, and helps other person.
    according to our testing, we think Ruida controller is best one in China, if you need to buy chinese controller, Ruida is still a good choice...
    for us, we will testing the controller stability before we sell it to our customers, but we still can't 100% promise that it doesn't have any problems in future, what we can do just reduce the defective percentage.
    Have a nice day. :withstupi

Quote Originally Posted by sanyyos View Post
    thanks all for your answers...
    for the moment, i made it work... some isopropylic alcohool, a tooth brush and it's ok for the moment, but i don't think it's a permanent fix...
    Nolan, what is THE BEST controler for a laser machine and what it can do better than ruida?

Hi,
    I bought 50w laser machine made in China and it has the RDC6442G. I have used it just for 3 days and it started giving problems. It shows the files in the memory but no pictures and and after few minutes,it shows 'No device connected'. The led number 14 flashes. Do you please have any solution to the problem. I have contacted the seller but no solutions and I even ordered another controller and still the same thing happens.You can check my Youtube videos to see. I have done the factory reset after making the video but still the problem remains.Please help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7JHpGqMpw

Regards

Pillar

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hello sanyyos, sorry for the late reply. I have to help our customers solve their problems firstly, if I still have time later, I will login in CNC forum, and helps other person.
    according to our testing, we think Ruida controller is best one in China, if you need to buy chinese controller, Ruida is still a good choice...
    for us, we will testing the controller stability before we sell it to our customers, but we still can't 100% promise that it doesn't have any problems in future, what we can do just reduce the defective percentage.
    Have a nice day. :withstupi

Hi,
    I bought 50w laser machine made in China and it has the RDC6442G. I have used it just for 3 days and it started giving problems. It shows the files in the memory but no pictures and and after few minutes,it shows 'No device connected'. The led number 14 flashes. Do you please have any solution to the problem. I have contacted the seller but no solutions and I even ordered another controller and still the same thing happens.You can check my Youtube videos to see. I have done the factory reset after making the video but still the problem remains.Please help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7JHpGqMpw

Regards

Pillar

hello , friend
    Good day

Your laser machine working for 3 days , then show the problem ,and you also change another controller , it also is the same problem , maybe it is some interference problem , please check your machine if have perfect ground wire connect , and working voltage is stable ?

Kind regards
    Frank

AccTek CNC
    Jinan AccTek Machinery Co., Ltd

Hi,
    Thanks for your ideas. I have everything checked, they are all ok.Everything works fine but it's just that it does not display the programs and does not run them either.

Hello Pillar
    Good day

Please change laser display panel . did you test this ?

AccTeck CNC
    Frank

Hi,
    Thanks again. The new replacement which I bought, came with the display. I did change it as well.

Regards

Pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by Acctek CNC View Post
    Hello Pillar
    Good day

Please change laser display panel . did you test this ?

AccTeck CNC
    Frank

Hi guys , very important , remember to check always the earth cable of all your eletrical panel.
    Cesar from Astroabax

Quote Originally Posted by Pillar View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks again. The new replacement which I bought, came with the display. I did change it as well.

Regards

Pillar.

Hello Pillar,

please be aware, that a hardware controller has only a limited space of memory available (i think the RDC6442G has 128Kb). It could be that you simply run out of memory what might causes a problem then. (do a factoryreset on the controller and try not to fill up the controler anymore)
    If the machine is hooked up to the computer directly you do not need to store your laser files directly on the controller, instead you could fire them directly from the computer.
    Another solution would be to work from a UBS stick that usualy has GBytes of memory today.

best regards,
    Walter

I have this controller installed in my laser engraver and I have a question regarding the LED indicator lights. The pdf manual doesn't describe what the led indicators are telling me. My led indicator light 14 is blinking and will not allow the laser to fire. Can you tell me what indicator led 14 is signalling please? Thank you for your assistance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruida RDC6442G LED 14 blinking.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	317478

Hi, Ive got this exact problem. Did you manage to sort it?

Quote Originally Posted by Allycat View Post
    Hi, Ive got this exact problem. Did you manage to sort it?
    Yes... I've changed the front panel... 50usd+25usd shipping

Thank you Sanyyos. Where did you source it?

Hi dear
    As you can see in our attached photo, A 1390 Laser machine that contains: Ruida RDC6442G Motherboard & Leadshine 3dm580 Motion Controller, has a problem with Cutting the desired small patterns on the material, and the final output (typically letters) comes out with zigzag edges. Every parts of the machine has been repaired or replaced with similar parts but the problem still exists. We appreciate hearing your solution

For resolving protest in the laser machine LC1390 is reported plan when cutting in areas of the curve.
    When cutting plan in areas of the curve
    Test and the following tests conducted
    1. belt tension adjustment and ensuring the safety belt
    2. Y axis alignment of the rail wagons axis.
    3. manipulation regulation speed and acceleration parameter and device parameters.
    4. replacing the motor and stepper motor driver and changes in switch setting of test driver.
    5. replacing the mainboard RDC6442 with Leetro MPC6565

Attention: In cases 1 to 4 no changes was observed in about 5 to about 20%was achievedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	tehrani.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	366074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tehrani2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	366076