585,933 active members*
3,878 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Retrofitting- MAHO MC600 with CSMIO/IP-A help

Question Retrofitting- MAHO MC600 with CSMIO/IP-A help

Hi guys,

I'm trying to retrofit MAHO MC600 with CSMIO/IP-A w/t Mach3 . The machine hasn't been started since last 8 years. It has Indramat 1TRM3 controller and 3TRM2 drives. Right now just breaking my head to figure out the circuit diagrams and connections. I have attached them.

I need to check if the drives and motors are working. Kindly help out here. How do i check. I had read somewhere we need to connect a battery? How many volts? which terminals on Page 8, 1TRM3 attached file, and Page 19 3TRM2 file?

Where do I provide the analog +/-10V from CSMIO/IP-A to (+15Vm, 0Vm, -15Vm)???

What do these stand and used for:
    in 1TRM3 Page 8 -
    E1A?
    E1B?
    E2?
    E3?
    RF?
    P-PEing?

in 3TRM2 Page 19-
    Both JF's?
    RF?

thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3TRM2 MANUAL.pdf   Indramat-1TRM3.pdf  

Re: Retrofitting- MAHO MC600 with CSMIO/IP-A help

do you have the electrical wiring drawings for this machine?
    it would help a lot to figure out what you need to bridge out and what power you need to supply to run the servo drive / motors.

Quote Originally Posted by thebodger View Post
    do you have the electrical wiring drawings for this machine?
    it would help a lot to figure out what you need to bridge out and what power you need to supply to run the servo drive / motors.
    Ok i have figured out the circuit somewhat from the previous attachments. Kindly correct me if i'm wrong. Spent some time also checking the drives. now need to sort out wiring , I/Ps and O/Ps

1TRM3 Page 8 -
    E1A, E1B are inputs from D/A +/-10V, similarly E101,102, 201,202,301,302. These go to a differential pre-amplifier. So I connected a small 1.5V battery to E1A and GND. I can connect to either right?

E2?E3? still don't know, these go to the TSS8 mounted module

RF- is Control Release, I need to provide (5V-30V), connected +24VL available on drive itself. Multimeter reads 29V :P

P-Eing? is this potentiometer tuning

in 3TRM2 Page 19-
    Both JF's and RF are shorted internally, Pulse release and control release where i already gave 29V. But still nothing. Did with all three drives along with 1.5V. The switch d1 (bottom right in 1TRM3 pic attached pdf) with contacts Bb1(NC), Bb2(common), Bb3(NO) didnt enable. Tried shorting this and then also giving 29V at RF/JF still nothing, Red LED not Green

What am i missing. See attached pdf w/t pics and wiring in diagrams. Its in German though. Page 3 3TRM2 (7A1)

Still think if you look at the machine electrical drawings it would be more evident what is needed.
    Did you apply the the high voltage AFTER all the low voltage and enabling signals.
    Another issue I think you should look at. These machines were equipped with Philips optical glass scales. There is no motor encoder , only a tachometer.
    I don't know what the signal from the glass scale is. I'm pretty sure it won't work with your interface. I could be wrong about that but i would look into that first. You may not be able to salvage what's there (at least not easily).

One thing I learned from retrofitting machines that are going to be used to make money not just for hobby use is sell all the old motors and controllers buy new ac servo drives and motors put them in once and you will have a reliable machine for many years. DMM tech in canada has very good prices on servo systems.
    Dennis

I agree DennisCNC. Those old MAHO systems can be quite bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by thebodger View Post
    Still think if you look at the machine electrical drawings it would be more evident what is needed.
    Did you apply the the high voltage AFTER all the low voltage and enabling signals.
    Another issue I think you should look at. These machines were equipped with Philips optical glass scales. There is no motor encoder , only a tachometer.
    I don't know what the signal from the glass scale is. I'm pretty sure it won't work with your interface. I could be wrong about that but i would look into that first. You may not be able to salvage what's there (at least not easily).
    I have attached the circuit diagrams in that post. I didn't get u, by high voltage u mean powering up with ac 380V then yes I did. About tachometer, for that I'm going to fit Incremental encoder on ballscrew shaft.

What about these issues. Any1?

1. Using a standard PC - any chances of PC/MACH3 getting hanged during operation. If it does will the operation stop or work spoils.
    2. If power/current goes, any way to resume from last state, better yet any way to save the last state/gcode executed.

Since we are moving from industrial to retrofit with CSMIO/MACH3 I need to sort out any problems beforehand.