585,690 active members*
4,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Rebuilding / Scraping Seminar in Texas spring 2015

Rebuilding / Scraping Seminar in Texas spring 2015

Not sure if this is the right forum for this so please move if needed.

A few days ago I noticed a post by Richard King. "I am really looking forward to teaching another class. I will be retiring I think with-in 5 years."

That remark got my attention!

I have always wanted to attend a class and after talking with Richard I have decided to host a Spring 2015 class. In the last year I've had a number of friends pass away and that has really focused my attention on getting the important things done! Richard King's Scraping Class is on my important list

Richard has time for a class in late April / early May. It will be a 3 days class starting on a Friday and ending on Sunday. Richard has promised to cover machine rebuilding in addition to scraping. Richard will be bringing many hand and power scrapers so those of us with no tooling can use his for the class. I also have two mills that Richard can use to show us the art of machine inspection and troubleshooting.

I have space for about 10 people to work and can probably squeeze a few more in if needed. My shop is on our 25 acre farm located outside of Houston in the beautiful rolling hills of Whitehall Texas. Two reasonably priced hotels are about 15 minutes away and there are a number of nice Bed and Breakfasts in the area. I also have a large area where 3 RV's could be parked and hooked up to electricity.

From my shop the towns of College Station/ Bryan, Houston, Conroe and Brenham are all 40 minutes away. Austin is 2.5 hours and Dallas / Fort Worth is about 4.5 hours. College Station has a regional airport that is very easy to fly into ( I prefer it!) but Houston Intercontinental is also relatively close.

I will be the contact person for this class and will be happy to help in anyway. Please PM for my phone number and email address.

Re: Rebuilding / Scraping Seminar in Texas spring 2015

We have a date for the Class! Friday May 15, 2015.

If you are interested please PM me your email address so that I can send you costs and other information..

Steve

I now have more information for this class. So far I have had 8 people express interest and most have said they are are definitely going to attend... If you would like the information sent please PM me with your email address...

Thanks
    Steve

I actually looked into getting tickets to go over there for this, but there are too many things that need sorting out for me to actually go through with it. Would have loved to attend this!

A little info on this class...

So far we have a total of 5 people that have reserved space in this class... We need a few more for the class to make... Eveyone is welcome and if you would like more information just PM me

Steve