585,728 active members*
4,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question: VFD w/ 10vDc to DAC setups.

Good morning gang,
    TGIF
    Wiring up the VFD signal lines as the final steps today: I have a huanyang 220 3Hp two leg to 3 phase. Trying to map this over to my VFD. I'm still new to ChinEnglish and Industrial controls. Your AD-GS2 looks similar so I'm referencing your Tech Bulletins. Nice to find those btw!

From what I can tell, The Huanyang setup for me is:
    1) The FWD, RVS, Fault (RST) & DCM lines. (Image included below) are a match to the GS2.
    2) for the DAC DC-Aio shielded lines: Those should utilize the AI and ACM terminals on the Huanyang.
    Note- AI on this unit has 4 analog modes. Pd0070=0 for 0to10v operation. There is also a VI terminal for analog 0-10V but I did not see a PD code reference on it?

Here is where I'm sort of stuck.
    3) To map the R2/O fault equiv from the GS2 to the Huanyang is where I'm a bit confused? The Huanyang has 3 Multi-outputs. NO or NC as FC,FA,FB. PD0052 notes that : "Terminals of FA, FB,FC PD0052 0=invalid, 1=Run, 2=Zero Speed, 3=Fault Indication, 4=Braking, 5, 6,7,8 etc...
    So I think I set PD0052=3 and wire FC terminal to H10/10. Not sure what is a common there?

Attachment 270460

Automation Direct GS2 setup.
    L1, L2, L3 - 3 phase power in
    DI1 - Forward run
    DI2 - Reverse run
    DI4 - Fault reset
    DCM - Input common
    AI - Master speed frequency reference (0-10vdc)
    ACM - Frequency reference common
    R2O - Fault output (normally open)
    R2 - Fault output common.
    T1, T2, T3 - Motor voltage out
    B1, B2 - Braking resistor (up to 15hp)

Re: Question: VFD w/ 10vDc to DAC setups.

OK, Some digging and I think this image below is what I want to do essentially?
    (from this link: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/phase-...p-connect.html )

1) Set PD0052 = 3 change relay state on VFD fault
    2) Wire VFD Fc terminal to H10/10 (one end of NC contact).
    3) and FA Vfd terminal to Ground/Common DCM (other end of NC contact).
    4) This is a normally CLOSED path to ground and puts H10/10 a path to ground/common. On Fault- Fc should Open interrupting that path to common.... Does that sound right?

From yet another site:
    VFD has build-in relay to control auxiliary devices. By default relay triggers when motor is powered up. FA & FC terminals are normally closed and FA & FB are normally open. I connected 12V water pump for through FA-FB pair and cooling fluid is going through spindle when it is running.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VFD-FaultSetup.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	270462

Tech bulletin notwithstanding, you want to use the normally-closed fault output (closed when okay, open when the drive is faulted).
    The diagram and labeling in your Chinese manual is confusing. They seem to be showing that FB is the relay common terminal, and FA is the relay's normally-closed contact.
    If that is right, then those are the ones you use. For example, wire 946 YEL from 0VDC to FB, wire 947 ORG from INP10 to FA.
    However, it is much more typical to use a label with "C" for a common terminal, and a label with "B" for a normally-closed terminal. So you may find that the diagram is wrong, and you really need to use FC and FB.

Great. Thanks. I will get an open On fault setup in there. One or the other.
    The low end vfd was running a 1hp grinder so I did not need much. If this gets hoaky I will get a GS2 or Hitachi. any pref from your end?

Going thru limited power ups and bench tests over the weekend. This has been a really fun DIY! You guys make it very easy.

QUOTE=cncsnw;1657022]Tech bulletin notwithstanding, you want to use the normally-closed fault output (closed when okay, open when the drive is faulted).
    The diagram and labeling in your Chinese manual is confusing. They seem to be showing that FB is the relay common terminal, and FA is the relay's normally-closed contact.
    If that is right, then those are the ones you use. For example, wire 946 YEL from 0VDC to FB, wire 947 ORG from INP10 to FA.
    However, it is much more typical to use a label with "C" for a common terminal, and a label with "B" for a normally-closed terminal. So you may find that the diagram is wrong, and you really need to use FC and FB.[/QUOTE]

By the Way- The FB and FB are closed on this model, While FA and FC are open. The Docs are not right or simply not translated correctly. Will confirm the relay output works on a tech tip for this unit after I get all the spindle tests thru the paces. ;-)

CONFIRMED- On this unit, the NO contact is FA to FB. NC is FB to FC.

SOLVED
    inverted spindel RPM reading in CNC11?
    Postby countryguy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:57 pm

I did get this just about done folks. Huanyang may not be a fav, but they are everywhere these days.

OK, my Huanyang does work w/ the Spindle speed now. In part due to more settings (which I documented in the lead thread) and operator mis-wire. Com is the top post on DAC... huh! ;-)
    My only issue is that my spindle control is inverted? 0m is fastest and 4200 is slowest on a 0 -10V scale? Is there a setting I messed up someplace? And it's showing in 'M' and I do not know what that is?

Variable speed via pendant and DAC output for Huanyang
    NOte- The Huanyang Analog input FREQ low and High must be set first.
    PD072 and PD073. Mine are 9hz and 90hz for now. This was my problem. Check your setup w/ a 10K pot. It should work and then you can disconnect the pot and connect DAC out.
    Dac com to ACM
    Dac 0-10V to VI
    Yahoo!