584,860 active members*
5,317 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Quality/Feeds for Variable Helix EM from OnlineCarbide.com

Quality/Feeds for Variable Helix EM from OnlineCarbide.com

Hey,

I'm waiting on a order of variable helix carbide endmills from OnlineCarbide.com. I've never tried them and don't know what to expect a few reports that they are pretty good especially for the price. What I can't seem to find is any feedback at what SFM and chip loads, or any other feed/speed data about them, partirculaly for free machining steel (1018 low carbon, 4130). Is anyone here using these brand of EMs, and if so how are they performing for you, especially compared to more mainstream brands?

Second, do you have feedback on the optimal feeds on these? I'm most interested in what seems to get the best performance out of their 1/2" in mild steel, followed by 3/8" and 1/4" but I can probably extrapolate those from what seems to be feeding well for the 1/2" ones.

I'm waiting to here back from the supplier since they don't have any official feed data available, but I would rather get advice from those using these in the field what their finding are.

Thanks

Re: Quality/Feeds for Variable Helix EM from OnlineCarbide.com

I was pretty sure I heard this brand mentioned more than a few times on this forum so I was hoping to get some feedback on how they have been working for others, particularly how hard they push them. Hopefully I'll get some more info to give a baseline on the feeds for these when I start testing but I will post back with my own results either way.