Machine:
    Make- Thunder Laser
    Model- Mars 90 130 watt

Options:
    HR high resolution head
    4 inch head
    Water Chiller

Why I chose Thunder Laser

2fast4u66 started this post http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...55378-cnc.html and I liked what I saw. I liked his post so much that I decided to use the same format.

I spent many days and nights researching the web on every manufacturer and seller out there. It didn’t take me long to realize that I could not afford to buy a U.S built machine so I started looking at imports. At that point I started comparing features amongst the machines and started reading the forums for complaints and quality control issues on each manufacturer. I narrowed it down to Boss, Morntech, and Thunder Laser. I liked that Boss and Morntech import the machines and then upgrade and check for quality control issues. There are no duty taxes and import fees to worry about. More about that later. Understandably the Boss and Morntech lasers come in at a higher price. Thunder Laser on the other hand has its own quality control. In fact they say that they test run the unit for 2 days working out any bugs or alignment issues. You do have to pay the import fees and shipping but overall you can get more features for the same or less money. I failed to find much in the complaint department in the forums from Thunder Laser users. So I decided to contact them.

I emailed [email protected] and asked him to quote me prices. He replied with list of questions asking what my intended use of the laser was and how many hours a day it would operate. I replied that I am was more interested in cutting thick wood ¼ inch to ¾ inch and doing deep detailed engraving. I was not interested in photographic engraving. He said that 100 to 130 watts would be close to what I was looking for but I needed to understand that even 130 watts could have problems cutting some thick woods. I appreciated his honesty. He said that a higher powered air assist could also help. I realized too that I wouldn’t need to push the 130 watt machine as hard and the laser tube could last longer under normal conditions. We then discussed the different heads available. The unit comes with a standard 2 inch head. I also wanted a 4 inch head for deeper cutting and a HR high resolution head for more detailed engraving. I also ordered the water chiller.

Next we got down to the details that I was unsure of.

Shipping, duty fees, tariffs and taxes. Nolan explained that it wasn’t as difficult as most people think. He just needed to know what my closest shipping port was. A quick google search showed me that the Port of Houston was the closest to me. He then sent me a link showing me a breakdown of the different fees. HS Tariff codes for 8456.10 for 122 countries | DutyCalculator I would be responsible for the fees, and the trucking to my address. He would be responsible for getting it to the Port of Houston. He sends out all of the necessary paperwork. Once the unit arrives at the port, they will contact me to make arrangements for trucking it to me. At this point in time some of cost is a guess but I figure around 600.00 from the port to me for trucking and maybe 500.00 or so for fees but this is all just a guess.

Nolan then sent me an invoice showing exactly what I was ordering and also included the shipping fees to the port. He also sent a document for sending a wire transfer. I needed to pay 30% up front and they would start building my machine. There were three ways to pay. Wire transfer, Western Union, or PayPal. If you pay by Paypal you have to add 4.5% of the cost. I didn’t even check on Western Union. My bank charged me 45.00 for the wire transfer so that’s what I did. After I sent the payment (which was very easy to do) I sent Nolan a receipt of the transfer. He replied back and said they were starting the build. When the build is complete they will test it and send me a video of it in operation. After that I pay the remainder of the balance and they ship it.
    So far it has been a pleasant experience. There is gradual buildup of trust from both of us and so far it has been very professional.

For me the reasons of choosing Thunder Laser over the competition were

The machine itself.
    DSP controller, servo motors, custom built. Comes complete with the exhaust, air assist and water pump. I upgraded to the chiller and added the extra lenses (heads)
    The Professionalism of Nolan.
    He has really helped me out and answered all of my questions and concerns to my satisfaction.

Thunder Lasers website.
    The website is informative with many articles, videos, and instructions. They put a lot a lot into this site including how to articles for software and maintenance. They just make me feel like I’m doing business with a reputable company.

2fast4u66
    His post gave me the confidence to even think about importing a machine in from China.

I will keep this post updated as it progresses from here.

Gozzie

Re: Purchasing Thunder Laser 130 Watt Timeline and Review

Hello Gozzie, thank you so much, I think this article will help more customers know our ThunderLaser. :banana:

Thanks, Gozzie. Very good customer.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Gozzie, where are you located, I'm thinking about a MINI60 from Thunder Laser and was wondering about the cost of getting it to Louisville, Kentucky.
    Thanks for any help.
    Mike (aka biomed)

I am located in Mountain Home, Arkansas
    I don't know the exact amount of all my fees yet. I will get that information when the machine arrives at the port.
    I will keep this post upgraded as it progresses and will be able to tell you the exact costs or percentages anyways for each fee.
    I should be getting close for them to send me a working video. They said it would be around a 10 day build time.Then I will finalize the payments to them and get it on the boat.
    It's very exciting and I am looking forward to the next phase. I'll keep updating every step of the way.

Gozzie

Thanks for information, it looks like the mini60 from Thunder Laser will be the one I Go for.
    Thanks Again I'll keep watching for your updates.
    Mike

Hi Mike
    Mini60 can be sent by DHL air way door to door,
    it's very fast.
    if you need any other information,
    just contact with us freely.
    good night from China.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Hello Mike, this is Nolan from ThunderLaser, thank you for being interested in our Mini60.
    can you tell me what material are you going to cut or engrave? maybe I can recommend a suitable machine for you.
    and Mini60 is small size machine, it can be sent by DHL air way.
    my email is [email protected], you can contact with me directly.
    Have a nice day.
    MINI60 - Thunderlaser

Quote Originally Posted by biomed View Post
    Thanks for information, it looks like the mini60 from Thunder Laser will be the one I Go for.
    Thanks Again I'll keep watching for your updates.
    Mike

Hi Nolan,
    Thank you for your response. I will also send you an email with my requirements. What I would like is the Mini60 with a rotary attachment , the HR Laser Head and the 4" Laser head could be listed as an option. I would like to engrave and cut 1/4" to 1/2" acrylic , 1/4" to 1/2" plywood, engrave wooden pens and also typical hobby engravings. Thank you again and also Amy for your response, I'm looking forward to working with you and your company.
    Thanks
    Mike Carter
    Louisville, Kentucky

Nolan ,
    I just sent you an email with my requirements.
    Thanks
    Mike

Thank you Mike.(wrong)

Following this

Thank you. :banana:

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u66 View Post
    Following this

Hello 2fast4u66, I have been waiting for your update on your review. Did you get yours installed and operating yet?
    Looking forward to reading your next update while I wait for mine to be shipped.

Gozzie

Hello Gozzie, your Mars90 will be finished this Thursday or Friday, I will take photos and videos to you later. Keep in touch. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by biomed View Post
    Gozzie, where are you located, I'm thinking about a MINI60 from Thunder Laser and was wondering about the cost of getting it to Louisville, Kentucky.
    Thanks for any help.
    Mike (aka biomed)
    Dear Biomed,

I have seen you several times. And nice to meet you here again. My friend, when you want to buy machine, whatever time it is i think you'd better compare several companies for your choice, then you can get the better decision for you. Thunder laser is famous in some foreign places, but we would like to send you our 130W reci 6040 model for your comparasion. Please think twice and kindly make a decision between us. Even we don't make a deal this time, your comments or feedback after comparasion will be a great help to make us being better.

Please send us your email adress and we would like to send you the details for your comparasion. Thank you a million in advance dear.

Best&Rgds
    Apple
    EETO Machinery Co., Ltd
    Office 1401, Building B3, Wanda Plaza, Economic & Technology Development Zone, Wuhan, China
    Tel:400-027-1897 Fax:027-84618501
    Mobile: +86-15527861820(Whatsapp Available)
    Web:www.eetomachinery.com
    E-Mail:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Yang View Post
    Hello Gozzie, your Mars90 will be finished this Thursday or Friday, I will take photos and videos to you later. Keep in touch. :cheers:
    Great news Nolan, Thank you

Gozzie

Hello Gozzie, send emails to you just now, please check it. :cheers:

Update

Rating at this point A+

4/17/2015 Sent Final Payment
    4/15/2015 Received working Video
    3/30/2015 Sent 30% down payment wire transfer
    3/25/2015 Began e-mail inquiry with [email protected]

Machine:
    Make- Thunder Laser
    Model- Mars 90 130 watt

Options:
    HR high resolution head
    4 inch head
    Water Chiller

On 4/15/2015 Nolan sent me an email with a link to a video of the machine working. The video shows the machine cutting out my name on some paper stock and some pictures of it and the crew that built it. It got me really excited to see it in operation.
    He asked for the final payment so he could ship it out. He said he would send the ISF paperwork for me to file. I had no idea what he was talking about and wrote him back. I was under the assumption that all I had to do was wait for the port to call me and I would arrange for trucking to my location. I totally blame myself for not doing my homework being prepared. Nolan sent me a link to a website that explains how you can import by yourself and also how to use a broker. Apparently the ISF paperwork is necessary for cargo traveling by sea vessel. It needs to be filed prior to the ship leaving China or you pay a penalty. Then it goes on to talk about bonds and other things. I knew at this point I was going to need help from a broker. Now I'm a little concerned about how all of this is going to play out. Thunder Laser has done their part and needed to be paid. I also didn't want to hold them up from shipping it out. But I didn't want them to ship the machine out before the paperwork was completed. It would cause delays and penalties.

Here is my first piece of advise to anyone wanting to import from China. Get a broker before you start.

ER Hawthorne & Company to the rescue. These people are amazing. I googled brokers near the Port of Houston and they came up first on the list. They treated me like I have been doing business with them for years. What a treat.
    I explained my situation and they immediately put my mind at rest. They sent me a list of their fees and the expected costs of bonds and duty fees and taxes. They handle all the paperwork. They also arrange for trucking to my location. They explained that it really is not a big deal to get the machine in from China. The harder part was to get it from the port to me. I am going to need a truck with a lift gate and a pallet jack and that would make it a little harder to arrange. I told them that I wanted them to be my broker. They sent me a POA (Power of Attorney ) to sign. The POA gives them the right to act on my behalf. It was just a simple form to fill out and sign. I printed it, signed it, rescanned it and emailed it back along with a copy of my Drivers License. Now the paperwork will be handled between Thunder Laser and them and I will be cc(carbon copied ) with all the email transactions between them. It couldn't get any easier. I pay them before they truck it out to me. I will post the final costs of everything when it's finalized.

4/17/2015 I went to my bank and wired the final payment to Thunder Laser. Nolan sent me an email stating that he will start the paperwork. The wire transfer will take a couple of days to clear so I expect the machine will start to ship sometime next week.

So far my review of Thunder Laser is A+. Nolan has responded promptly to every email and the communication has been great. The build was within the timeline promised and it's ready to ship.

Anyone importing to the Port of Houston would do well to contact ER Hawthorne & Co for broker services. They are very courteous and extremely professional.

I will update this post again as it progresses,

Gozzie

Thank you for sharing.:banana:
    more question, you can visit our website, or ask me directly.
    FAQ - Thunderlaser

Page 1 of 4 123