585,737 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 2000SY is displaying the wrong tool selection

Puma 2000SY is displaying the wrong tool selection

Hi,

The tool selection displayed on the controller is not the same as the tool selected in the turret. For example, while tool 1 is currently selected in the turret, the control is displaying tool 11.

All the axes move freely and the turret indexes properly in both directions, it just isn't displaying the right tool.

The machine is a Daewoo Puma 2000SY and the controller is a Fanuc 18i-T

I recently replaced the battery on the turret servo using the steps that M-man posted in this thread: Daewoo Puma 300 lathe turret alarm - Page 2. I am unclear as to whether the fourth step is necessary, as I am able to move all the axes to their reference positions.

If anyone had any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Puma 2000SY is displaying the wrong tool selection

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumera View Post
    Hi,

The tool selection displayed on the controller is not the same as the tool selected in the turret. For example, while tool 1 is currently selected in the turret, the control is displaying tool 11.

All the axes move freely and the turret indexes properly in both directions, it just isn't displaying the right tool.

The machine is a Daewoo Puma 2000SY and the controller is a Fanuc 18i-T

I recently replaced the battery on the turret servo using the steps that M-man posted in this thread: Daewoo Puma 300 lathe turret alarm - Page 2. I am unclear as to whether the fourth step is necessary, as I am able to move all the axes to their reference positions.

If anyone had any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you replace a battery on a Pro-Motion/Vision drive...? or a Fanuc drive?

If Pro-Motion/Vision drive:

The Blue Book (Usually located in the door's pocket of the electrical cabinet) has a PMC section has a section that describes how to reset Parameter 8 of the drive to tell it what station it is currently sitting at.

The side of the list describes setting Org.S (Origin Set) (but it looks like Or9.5 in it's LED form)

If you have that instruction - follow it. If you don't have it, I will be back in the office (I was replacing a spindle on an H100) in the morning... (973) 618-2461 after 8:30EST

NOTE: M-MAN's instructions are accurate. They are the same instructions that I have sent to many others. Try them again...(when you hold the setting of Org.S, do you see a series of numbers "roll by"?)
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Thanks for your help. I had replaced the battery on the Pro-motion drive. I retried the instructions and I've resolved the problem. I probably missed a step last time. However, I am now getting 2023 time out alarms when I try to index. The parameters were showing that the turret was not properly clamped, so I un-clamped the turret with K5.4 and manually aligned it until it was showing that it was properly clamped. When I try to index however, it isn't reclamping. Even if I come back to the same tool, it is now un-aligned. Do you think that this is a problem in the Pro-motion settings? Or is there a parameter in the Fanuc control that I'm missing?

When using K5.4 to unclamp and then re-clamp, you want to see the turret get "pulled" into position when the clamping occurs. (this shows that the curvic's teeth are properly "engaged" )

If the Org.S was done with the curvic in the wrong position, it will need to be re-done with it in the right position. (Org.S sets the origin positio n down to the specific encoder pulse at the VPF (Verify Position Flag) If this position is off, even slightly, the index will not complete.

Summary:
    If in a correct position, redo the Org.S process.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479