585,974 active members*
4,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Hello, I have used this site before but have never asked my own questions. So here goes, I am working on a 1997 Puma 200 Lathe 12 tool turret, the shaft broke, fixed shaft and replaced o - rings, now the turret keeps going around and it can't seem to find it's place and will not lock in place, every so often often it will but encoder doesn't light up, any suggestions?

Friend,

You are not giving us much information to work off of. What shaft broke? Did you remove the turret to make the repair? What control is on the machine (I am assuming Fanuc)? Is the turret servo driven, or is the positioning done by proximity switches? What light are you referring to, as encoders dont have lights? Is it a turret clamp light on the operator panel? I swear I am not being a smart ass, but we REALLY need more information to point you in the right direction.

Re: Puma 200 Lathe turret issue

Offhand, sounds like a prox switch isn't picking up and a rotary encoder is out of line.

This user has been in touch with me, Doosan Service, and it was found that the encoder was not sending a signal at all.
    The encoder was ordered and replaced.
    As I was out of the office at the time, User was advised to determine the position requirements by verifying the I/O reading we=hen the light on the encoder lit up.
    remaining instructions were to clamp into the required position, and align the light window to orient the encoder correctly.

She has not called back, so my assumption is that it worked. I will call her to verify by tomorrow.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Thanks Darryl!