585,741 active members*
5,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with OSP 3000 of Okuma LC10

Hello,

I have problems with Okuma LC-10 OSP 3000 (1981) programming unit 7-segment display.

As you see on below link picture left upper corner 7-segments are not working : http://www.dynomec.com/okuma2.jpg

Here is another view inside unit : http://www.dynomec.com/okuma1.jpg

Schematics for 7-segment are here : http://www.dynomec.com/okuma3.jpg

A LOT of other files and pictures you may find from here : http://www.vauhtikauppa.com/Okuma.zip

Shortly the problem maybe is display data latching failure.

So, if anyone have faced same problem, please tell what could be wrong or which part to replace?

Does anyone know where to get spareparts?

Does anyone have IF12 board electrical schematics or any ideas where to get?

IF12 board is located on main cabin and is possible reason. It's serial number is : E4809-032-399-C

All advices very wellcome, I would like to get Okuma back running again.

BR,

Harri
    www .dynomec.com

Harri,

I have a call into a friend of mine that may have schematics and spares. Send me your contact info via PM. I'll pass it on to him if he does.

JR - [email protected]
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Hello,
    I have a different kind of problem. I am familiar with programing in fanuc system but I have got a task to start up an old used Okuma LC10 lathe. I found a problem even before I started. When I try to start the spindle with M3/M4 I get an alarm message no. 1120-chuck open alarm. We have tried to set both sensors and chucks (position and pressure) with the same results every time. Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason and possible solution for my problem? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stewoolla View Post
    Hello,
    I have a different kind of problem. I am familiar with programing in fanuc system but I have got a task to start up an old used Okuma LC10 lathe. I found a problem even before I started. When I try to start the spindle with M3/M4 I get an alarm message no. 1120-chuck open alarm. We have tried to set both sensors and chucks (position and pressure) with the same results every time. Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason and possible solution for my problem? Thanks in advance.
    Did you CLOSE the chuck ? ....making sure the position sensor is lit up when clamped... the sensor is normally positioned so that it doesn't light up when chuck open or there is no material clamped in the jaws
    PS...chuck pressure has no bearing on that alarm

Re: Problem with OSP 3000 of Okuma LC10

Hello people I was absent some time so I couldn't post the news about the problem I was asking about. After serious inspection of the machine and some wire replacement we solved the problem. The connection between chuck position sensor and control unit was interrupted. After the technician reconnected the circuit every thing started working properly.
    I'm very grateful for the effort you made to help me and I hope that my experience I posted here may help somebody.