584,800 active members*
4,642 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem w/ 50 Watt Chinese Laser - USB Ports

Hey there! I am new to CNCZone. I have searched all over this site to see if someone had a similar problem to mine, but I am not seeing anything. I am really hoping someone can help!

I just bought a 50 watt Chinese laser from Ebay and it got here on Wednesday (pic below). I have run through aligning the lasers, etc and everything from that standpoint seems fine.

The issue I am having is that my laptop does not seem to recognize the machine at all, to the point that it does not even know I plugged anything in. I also tried plugging in a thumb drive to the Udrive port, but when I try to pull up a file from there, it says no files found.

I have opened up the side and used a new USB cable and gone straight from my laptop into the board where they all plug in to. So, I know it's not a bad cable somewhere in the chain.

When I emailed the seller, he told me it's because I have a laptop and that I should try a desktop computer instead. While I have no experience with Chinese lasers, I have been in IT for almost 15 years, and I don't see how changing from a laptop to a desktop could have any impact. If I had a desktop computer, I would try it...but, my house has 4 laptops and no desktops!

Does anyone have any insight into what this could be, or has anyone else run into this? The only thing I can think is either that the board itself is bad, or does this laser not work with Windows 8 or something?

Any help or insight anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	260548

Re: Problem w/ 50 Watt Chinese Laser - USB Ports

TRY USING THE RUN PROGRAMS FOR PREVIOUS WINDOWS . DID YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE FOR THIS MACHINE WHAT IS IT?
    GREETINGS
    WALTFL

You have to load the usb drivers from the software. Make sure that the 2 usb cables are plugged into the correct outlets.

Hey there! Thanks for the replies. For some reason, I never got notified, so I didn't know anyone responded.

I wanted to post an update, in case anyone else ran into this same issue.

The problem was that I was running Windows 8, which the machine is not capable of running on...which is why my computer didn't even know that I plugged anything in. As soon as I plugged it into a Windows 7 or Windows XP machine, the "install new hardware" prompt came up as it should.

Thanks again for the feedback!

this kind of laser doesn't compatible with win8 system
    tina from g.weike laser
    EMAIL: [email protected] SKYPE: lysunshine521