585,987 active members*
4,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Printing blank pages?

Printing blank pages?

So I have V25 and i made up a couple little drawings I want to print but i get blank pages every time i try to print them. my pc and printer are working fine I can print from other programs. Any ideas what might be wrong? I don't get any error messages, as far as bobcad is concerned it figures it's printing fine. the printer merrily spits out a blank page. In the print preview I see what i want to see. I'm probably missing something really stupid

Re: Printing blank pages?

Are you using "Drawing Scale", "1 : 1" or "Fit All" when you get to the printing window?

Somewhere in the print dialog is a line thickness setting. I don't think that's it necessarily but it can affect the output. Try something a little heavier than "1"

I don't print from BobCAD but I seem to recall a "print from spool" or something to that effect. Burrman pointed me to that setting and it fixed my printing problem around V23-V24.

I've tried a few different line thickness settings including 25 which is the heaviest possible as well as a few in between 1 and 25. I think I was using fit all in response to the first reply, i need to try every available option apparently

I'd try one of the other two options to see if anything prints at all. It may be that "Fit All" is too broad for your drawing. You can post the BBCD file (zip it first) if you want us to look at it and see if we have the same problem, but really there aren't a lot of options in the printing system that can be manipulated.

just posted the same thing last night, I've tried everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    but I seem to recall a "print from spool" or something to that effect. .
    It's BobCads print driver conflicting with the print driver in use... In the properties of the printer driver, set it to "print directly to printer" and remove the printer drivers spooling...

If you are in a multi user production environment, then create a separate "bobcad printer" to make this setting on....

Oh crap it helps if you put a Color cartridge in the printer, I thought I was printing in BW.

Thanks BurrMan that was the solution, it's working properly now. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    It's BobCads print driver conflicting with the print driver in use... In the properties of the printer driver, set it to "print directly to printer" and remove the printer drivers spooling...

If you are in a multi user production environment, then create a separate "bobcad printer" to make this setting on....
    That's it! My memory sure isn't what it used to be. Thanks for clearing that up.