585,585 active members*
4,164 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > PLEASE HELP: Rotary Feature must wrap around Z axis problem

PLEASE HELP: Rotary Feature must wrap around Z axis problem

I'm trying to define a rotary mill feature but no matter how I align the Z-Axis, I receive this error message (see image). I've tried every which way. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Attachment 247760

Re: PLEASE HELP: Rotary Feature must wrap around Z axis problem

The message "Rotary Feature must wrap around Z axis of current CPL" indicates that the centerline of the rotary face is not coincident with the centerline. My suggestion would be to use the Verify Entity command to determine where the centerline of the face is, and then make necessary adjustments. The adjustment could be moving the part to the correct position, or editing the CPL.

Re: PLEASE HELP: Rotary Feature must wrap around Z axis problem

Quote Originally Posted by jsanders View Post
    The message "Rotary Feature must wrap around Z axis of current CPL" indicates that the centerline of the rotary face is not coincident with the centerline. My suggestion would be to use the Verify Entity command to determine where the centerline of the face is, and then make necessary adjustments. The adjustment could be moving the part to the correct position, or editing the CPL.
    Thanks so much, Jsanders. That was exactly the issue! I assumed that importing parts from Autodesk Inventor would line up center points accurately with Edgecam but the Verify Entity showed my X plane was 0.8mm off! So strange on such a simple cylinder... after I manually shifted the CPL over, I was able to pick the rotary feature easily.

Thanks again!