585,605 active members*
3,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > plasmacam routored wood projects pics

plasmacam routored wood projects pics

want to purchase upgrade and routor set up but would like to see some video or pics besides the shell pattern but cant seem to find anything can some one send me in the rite direction please ....

Here is a video link for the a dewalt router some of the plasmacam folks are using (you can really use any other router as well).

I have the other type of dewalt cut out tool, which works great, but the one on in the video seems to work slick too. It's all pretty easy to with the designedge. You can even set it for 3d work, if you are into that kind of stuff. I like the fact that you can actually do both wood work and metal work all within the same software program (designedge), which makes a lot easier to use compared to some of the other crap that some of the folks have to deal with on other machines.Plasmacam does have some sort of risk free offer with things like the 3d upgrade. You might want to check it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-08 09.30.05.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	205130

Give it a shot,

Richard

Re: plasmacam routored wood projects pics

Quote Originally Posted by AmesMFG View Post
    Here is a video link for the a dewalt router some of the plasmacam folks are using (you can really use any other router as well).
    Well ... you can use any other router as long as you can fabricate a mount for that router that fits the PlasmaCam or Samson 510 carriage.

The router in the video is being held in place by a router mount made and sold by John Derby out of California. His You Tube videos will show you more of this.