585,994 active members*
4,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plasma cam not cutting.

Hi. My PlasmaCam 4x4 has developed a fault. It now goes through the motion of cutting, following the cut lines but there is no cutting. It was working fine then it wasn't. It's like it is doing a dummy run.

Re: Plasma cam not cutting.

Usually this means your cut control button is in the off position. If the LED is not on next to the button the machine will go through the entire cut program without firing the torch.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by remetiffy View Post
    Hi. My PlasmaCam 4x4 has developed a fault. It now goes through the motion of cutting, following the cut lines but there is no cutting. It was working fine then it wasn't. It's like it is doing a dummy run.

Hi.

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure where the cut control button is located. Is it a physical button on the control box or is it a setting in the settings?

Thanks again

Here is the control box. There are 3 different versions but all are somewhat similar....I do not know which you have. On the top row of buttings there is the one labeled CUTTING. If the LED is illuminated then this button is active and will allow the torch to fire during a cut program (file that has been converted to cut path). If the LED is not illuminated the machine will move through the program without firing the torch. This is to "dry run" to ensure you don't run off the edge of the material.

Jim Colt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	controller.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	258178
    Quote Originally Posted by remetiffy View Post
    Hi.

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure where the cut control button is located. Is it a physical button on the control box or is it a setting in the settings?

Thanks again

Hi Remetiffy,

Plasmacam's software makes it extremely easy to effectively control your machine with software. You can use the same functions that are on the control box directly & conveniently within the software as well.

for example:

You can switch the auto-cut control on or off directly with in the same program (plasmacam's designedge) that you can do your design work in, like so (there are whole lot of other usefull thing that you can do with in the software that directly control machine control as well):

Attachment 260240

Check it out, and if you need to take a minute or two and call the fellows in tech.

Let me know if I can help,

JAG