584,874 active members*
5,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Patriot PDF's

Does anyone have the PDF's for the Patriot VFD CNC machines they would share? I realize there are minor differences depending on the age of the machine. I'm just trying to get an idea of the level of factory documentation available. JT, understandable so, doesn't send them out without the serial number of the machine. I've bought a used one and haven't gotten it yet and it will be a couple more weeks until I do. I understand there are several functions that are not set up when you receive the machine such as control of the VFD and spindle control. How much else is there that can be done?

Re: Patriot PDF's

Yeah, JT plays his cards REAL close to his body. It's understandable considering the clone machines that appeared in the past & the losses he went thru.

Your spot on, with differences in production models over the calendar year, mainly this would be thrust bearings, bushings, or maybe switches with different pin out configurations. The VFD however, I think has remained the same, it's the e100. Maybe someone could chime in that has a new model & what kind of drive they have?

Let me dig up some of my .pdf's & I'll try posting it.

Wormwood

It's was a Nowforever E100 on the 2012 Patriots and yeah lots of stuff wasn't configured or just set wrong. They don't connect the spindle control wires at all as outlined in the manual. But mine was capped at 50Hz and needed to go as I recall to 100+ to hit motor speed after allowing for the belt ratio.

That's another thing you will want to check. The pulley sizes and the ratio so you can get the actual spindle speed not the one that is implied by everything as if was a 1:1 ratio from the motor rpm to the lathe and mill. And yes the lathe and mill pulley sets where different sizes so different ratios. Made getting the right rpm/sfpm right near the beginning a pain. I think I posted on here my printout of mine from my ratios. Not sure though I only had if for 2 months and that was a year and a half ago so maybe I just talked about it.

I have the pdf of the manual for the VFD. Not sure how to attach it to this post. It's only a 630k file, like 120 pages but not sure you can attach files to post.

Nope looks like you can only link to them. I will try to PM it to you if not I would have to email to someone and let them host somewhere that it can be linked to. It is version v1.3 btw.

JT has a lot of helpful files on the setup of Mach 3 and the VFD for all the different machines. Just tell him the machine serial # and he will e-mail you the correct ones.

I got about 10 files on different aspects of setup. I'll host them and put a link up. Picked up the machine yesterday and after a nap from the 14 hour drive home I'll unload and start digging in.