586,029 active members*
2,992 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Panasonic dv-700 inverter

Panasonic dv-700 inverter

I've done a lot of searching on this website and others for a users manual for the panasonic dv-700 inverter, and I've come up empty handed. I've got it hooked up and running my bridgeport cnc mill spindle, but unless i start the motor with around 30 hz or less, the drive gives an overcurent fault and shuts down. If I start the spindle at 30hz and ramp it up it to 60hz everything seems fine. No buzzing, no problems what so ever. The inverter came from a surplus store, and as such has absolutely no documentation. Does anyone out there have a manual for this drive. Or at least have used one before and can explain how to set the accell rates, or other variables on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The inverter is driving a 1980's bridgeport j-head with 1.5 hp spindle motor. Thanks

jrc

I have no particular knowledge of your Pannasonic VFD, but, by the performance, it sounds like the unit is undersized (Too few AMPS) for your motor application.
    Faulting on start up is a sure sign. Though it could be the Accel rate. If the motor is unbelted, or at lease on a very light inertia load, how long does it take the spindle to come up to speed?

You need a VFD rated for your motor amp draw, and your input Voltage and Phase (1ph or 3ph)
    Often, there will be strong similarities across different models from the same maker. Down load the information on the VF-C series drives from Pannasonic, and see if there are any clues for your set up.
    Try again! http://www.toodoc.com/manual-inverte...sonic-pdf.html

Cal

I believe it is a Matsu****a VFD, you could try these guys and see if they will supply the full manual.
    http://www.ctiautomation.net/PDF/Pan...-Inverters.pdf
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the info guys, I wil try to get in touch with panasonic or the original manufacturer, since this drive seems to be outdated and not supported anymore. The particular drive I have is rated for 7A according to the sticker on the unit, my motor is rated at around 5A peak, so I'm fairly confident about the accell rate being wrong. Other than that, the drive seems to work fine with no issues once the motor is turning. I took some pretty heavy (~ .125")cuts in aluminum today with a 3" indexible face mill with no hint of overload, and the motor ran for about 40 mins with no problems. One more question if i may, Are VFDs usually programmed through a download from a pc, or right at the controls? Thanks again for the help.

Arrow

need "Panasonic inverter DV-700" connecting diagram, how can check or testing it, and how can repair it.

Pleas Help Me............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DV-700 inverter(Panasonic).jpg  

Arrow Bar-taking machine LK-1900A

Need "Bar-taking machine LK-1900A" Electronics diagrams of Motherboard & Power supply. And how can i repair it.
    1. Program IC --- OK
    2. Ram IC--------OK
    3. Power supply--OK
    4. Motherboard have no Power & Nothing to Display.
    5. Motherboard have throw for check another Machine, But no Power & Nothing to Display.

How cane i check hols-machine And How can i repair sir, (Need Electronics diagrams)
    Please Help Me Sir, Any-Body. pls..............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bartaking machine LK-1900A.jpg  

Virtually impossible to get schematics for this type of machine, they are proprietary.
    If there is no power at all on the board then it sounds relatively easy? Power supply/regulator components?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

When Juki first came out with the LK-1900 series programmable tackers, they were using Pana Minas servo motors.

Have you tried to get the information from Juki Bangladesh in Dhaka? They can help you in troubleshooting the problem.

Best regards

Bruno

Panasonic dv-700 inverter

I to am looking for a users manual for a dv-700 inverter I have removed it from an old control panel it looks like it works OK but is fixed at 45 hz I need to know how to set it up for my mill motor

yours Paul

My randomly playing I have found thai if you apply the power whilst holding down the mode button it unlocked the set frequancy and allows adjustment with the up / down buttons bwtween 25HZ and 60Hz

still trying to get a manual can any one help?

Paul

dv 707 manual probably here

Hello Ppl. I also have an Panasonic DV707 from a printing machine, and I try to find the parameters.
    On this website it looks that they have something but google couldn;t translate it.
    Maybe you can find it there.

±??DV707H

Wink

Download this PDF , text it's Chinese ,I can read and Understand it ,you do?try it,^_^ luck....

http://download.gongkong.com/file/2005/11/17/DV700.rar

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Fmole View Post
    Download this PDF , text it's Chinese ,I can read and Understand it ,you do?try it,^_^ luck....

http://download.gongkong.com/file/2005/11/17/DV700.rar
    Thank You!
    It looks that the time when I should start learn chinese it is closer than I thought.

Re: Panasonic dv-700 inverter

Try this file
    DV700Tseries_manual_e

Re: Panasonic dv-700 inverter

Hello! Thank You ! Looks great. I didn't know this manual had actually existed in English. Thank You very myuch. I still have the inverter somewhere. I will try to start it.