585,956 active members*
4,332 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: OldKiwi

OldKiwi

Hello to all,
    I'm new to your site and have a question you may have seen over and over but need help.
    After 50 plus years as a toolmaker you would think I would know, right! well that's not the case!
    I have a legit version of Mastercam 9.1, started out at 8, sold my business and kept some equipment to help build hotrods and still do work for a long time client.
    I was given a DynaPath knee mill and wish to reactivate my Mastercam 9.1, simple right, NOT. I purchased older computer with OS EX sp3. Loaded 9.1 but have this ignoring message NO HASP FOUND.
    I may be old but paid good money for this so why should it not work, heck I still use CadKey 19 it loaded just fine. Buying a new version of MC is out of the question at this stage in life.Is there anyone smarter than me can get me up and running, I just want to make some parts for my cars.
    Cheers.

Re: OldKiwi

I purchased older computer with OS EX sp3. Loaded 9.1 but have this ignoring message NO HASP FOUND.
    Treat yourself and upgrade that computer, it will save you time!!!!

The "HASP" is the key that unlocks mastercam, each computer has to have one to run it. There are HASP and NETHASP keys. HASP is a physical version that you can load on a thumbdrive for example then plug into your computer, which then unlocks mastercam. The NETHASP means network HASP or a key that is located on some server your computer is tied too.

Do you remember how it was intially installed? You need to find where your old HASP key is.

Quote Originally Posted by hoffmannm View Post
    Treat yourself and upgrade that computer, it will save you time!!!!

The "HASP" is the key that unlocks mastercam, each computer has to have one to run it. There are HASP and NETHASP keys. HASP is a physical version that you can load on a thumbdrive for example then plug into your computer, which then unlocks mastercam. The NETHASP means network HASP or a key that is located on some server your computer is tied too.

Do you remember how it was intially installed? You need to find where your old HASP key is.
    Thanks for responding. I have the original hasp key,it's plugged into the printer serial port.
    I was told on another forum that to run 9.1 I needed to load it onto an older operating system no more than XP, which I did.
    After reading further I see comments like only 2000 pro or XP sp1 and no greater.
    I have 9.1 loaded on my old laptop with 2000 pro running just fine with the same hasp key.
    Question; is the XP sp3 the problem as I read several have had problems with XP sp2 and said to go back to sp1.
    Would I be better to reload win 2000 pro (which i still have the original disc) then load mstcam 9.1.

Re: OldKiwi

I don't know all the exact answers here sorry, just trying to give suggestions..

Mastercam 9.1 on Windows XP
    Found this on another forum...
    The last version was V9.1 Mr0105 was the last. it does run on XP SP3 as I have it a on a few computers. If you having issues go to Mastercam CAD/CAM Software > Home and then Support and get the the Hasp9 drivers this will help if this is a new computer.
    Looks like you should be fine??!!!