585,679 active members*
5,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach Mill > New Wireless XHC Pendant. Docs don't cover some modes. Help!

New Wireless XHC Pendant. Docs don't cover some modes. Help!

Well, it kinda works. I can get it to work, but then something happens and I end up in some undocumented mode and the manual doesn't address the other modes. For instance, I think I have it set up to move x in 0.001" increments, but each click goes like 0.016". I set it up per the (worthless) manual. Using XP, Smooth Stepper, PMDX-126 BOB, and Geckos. Anyone know of a set of instructions that are readable?

Thanks,
    cnc1000

Re: New Wireless XHC Pendant. Docs don't cover some modes. Help!

Further use of it brings up a couple more problems. One, it just flat loses connection with the pc every once in a while, and you have to turn it off and then back on. Not a great feature. Two, they don't call out 0.0001 steps on the display. You change the step size by pressing the 'step' button repeatedly (that part is fine), but the steps go 1000, 100, 10,1,1,1000... You just have to know that the second time you hit the 'steps' button when it is in the 'X1 position, it really means 0.0001" steps. That should not be the case. They have plenty of display area to make it correct. The continuous jog function does not seem to follow the instructions (horrible, at best). There is a 'stop' button, but I'm not sure that is actually an 'emergency stop'. Haven't had time to sort that out. Trying to get some parts made. Would I recommend this to anyone? Yes, but guardedly. It's reasonably thought out, albeit with a few problems, but the documentation is flat worthless. If it were me, I'd wait a few months until they upgrade the pendant to correct the problems, and hopefully get someone to overhaul the user manual.
    cnc1000

Even more news about it: I almost wrecked tools and parts because of this pendant! I was able to smack the machine's E-Stop in time. It just flat loses communications from time to time. It also messed up the Y position between the pendant and Mach3. The pendant said it was at 0,0,0 but the Mach3 readout said 3 inches off on Y, and proceeded toward wrecking my part, because of it. It might be a wireless problem, as there is always a lag on the position readouts. Maybe the hard wired version is more reliable. At this point, all it's worth is for creeping up on edges to set tool zeros. After that, I shut it down to keep it from messing things up. It will do a few other things right, like going to 0,0,0, but to have uncertainty in how your cnc is being controlled is not acceptable to me. Looks like a product that was designed and built without any product testing before hitting the market.

I am about to throw this thing in the river. It gets confused. I stood there with the selector switch in the Z position and rotated the knob. The mill moved in the X direction. I kid you not. I had decided to not use it for anything past just setting up zeros, but even after I switched it to the standby position, it threw off the Mach3 display by an inch, all of a sudden. I am using the most recent Mach3 download and the XHC pendant is brand new. Now I have it unplugged and off, and everything is fine. I had high hopes for this,but the pendant system (probably the firmware) is not ready for production. It's buggy. I don't consider it to be of any value, at this point. You can't trust it.

The seller on ebay, Cnctechzone, has now ceased communicating with me about my return. He instructed me to return it, which I did. He said his engineer said there might be something wrong with the unit, not the driver. I'm willing to work with them, but not when they go silent. Buyer beware.

The seller cnctechzone has now gone completely dark. No communications. I sent the pendant back after he promised to refund money and that's the last I heard of him. No money. Buyer be REALLY aware.

please visit our web:http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/view_201.html
    you will find the whb04 new driver.
    if you have any problem you could add the fae skype number:chao152