585,775 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > New user - Just installed Haas VF-12/50 w/ Midaco pallet changer

New user - Just installed Haas VF-12/50 w/ Midaco pallet changer

We are a steel fabrication business that has been around for roughly 60 years. The majority of our machines are old hydraulic presses and shears. We have been using mostly Cincinnati Hypowermatic 400 and 500 series machines for our milling and Molines for drilling. Until now, our most recent piece of drilling equipment was a 1960's Cincinnati Hydrotel with an Acramatic 850 CNC controller retrofitted. We did make a significant leap forward about a decade ago with the purchase of a large plasma table, but that modernized only a very small portion of our overall production. So we decided to pull the trigger on a Haas VF-12 50 taper, complete with Midaco pallet changer. We built a new 55x80+ foot edition just to house this behemoth of a machine. As far as I know, we are the only company in North America to have one of these mated to a pallet changer. Since we do work in a relatively small industry, I'm not at liberty to disclose exactly what it is we manufacture, but I wanted to share our new acquisition with the CNC Zone community. It will take a significant learning curve until all relevant staff is fully trained and operational on this machine, and I'm glad that a great resource like CNC Zone exists to help us along.

Here's an initial picture just after installation:
    Attachment 266568

More to come...

Re: New user - Just installed Haas VF-12/50 w/ Midaco pallet changer

Quote Originally Posted by cpvalk View Post
    We are a steel fabrication business that has been around for roughly 60 years. The majority of our machines are old hydraulic presses and shears. We have been using mostly Cincinnati Hypowermatic 400 and 500 series machines for our milling and Molines for drilling. Until now, our most recent piece of drilling equipment was a 1960's Cincinnati Hydrotel with an Acramatic 850 CNC controller retrofitted. We did make a significant leap forward about a decade ago with the purchase of a large plasma table, but that modernized only a very small portion of our overall production. So we decided to pull the trigger on a Haas VF-12 50 taper, complete with Midaco pallet changer. We built a new 55x80+ foot edition just to house this behemoth of a machine. As far as I know, we are the only company in North America to have one of these mated to a pallet changer. Since we do work in a relatively small industry, I'm not at liberty to disclose exactly what it is we manufacture, but I wanted to share our new acquisition with the CNC Zone community. It will take a significant learning curve until all relevant staff is fully trained and operational on this machine, and I'm glad that a great resource like CNC Zone exists to help us along.

Here's an initial picture just after installation:
    Attachment 266568

More to come...
    Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Zone!

That's one big pallet changer!

Very cool, would not even fit into my shop!

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Hello and welcome.

Did Midaco design a custom for that big of a pallet changer? Sure will make loading big parts easy.

Very cool

sheet metal barn inside a sheet metal barn? check!