585,894 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > New SC License Manager email from Sprut

New SC License Manager email from Sprut

I received a couple emails from Sprut a couple days ago advising me of the new License Manager facility and informing me that my new license was available. I was hoping for a free upgrade to SC 9 but it looks like the only thing available in the Manager is a trial version of SC 8. Has anybody received these emails and followed up on them at all?

Mike

Re: New SC License Manager email from Sprut

No contact here
    I did read they had a new license manager for version 9, that's about it.
    md

OK, guess the one I got was a fluke. The new Feature-Based Machining enhancements in SC 9 look pretty nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpL-EA3x0iw

A lot like the groups you've been using, at least for hole machining.

Mike

Wow that look like a significant leap forward! You KNOW that it is going to be buggy out of the gate though. Certainly another learning curve ahead when I upgrade some time next year.

I have been reading and using the sprut 9 online help file for a couple months.
    By comparing it to sprut 8 help file I can see some of the differences.
    The feature based machine ops shown above are nifty and look to be very fast to use.
    From what I see it is mostly used in the hole based machine operations.
    Betting that hole operations are the most used cnc operation, one can see this why they are working on or adding this.
    Other then that I don't see that much change in the mill operations and functions. There are a bunch of new icons and a few interface changes "I think"
    Many of these menus and options can be or are for machines like lathes and other multi axis mills.
    I was using both help files in hopes of finding any added information on how to use the program and the many setting and operations. "not much difference so far"
    md

SprutCAM 9 User Guide

SprutCAM 8 User Guide

I did forget to add sprut 9 has scripts programming for added utility "bet its powerful if you can only figure out how to use it "

I'm hoping that they have fixed some of the more glaring errors, especially some of the Imperial/metric value issues. It is very frustrating to see the same problem go unfixed with each successive release though the program does seem to get better in general.

Just last night I discovered that SprutCAM now refuses to load my custom tool library. After an hour or two unsuccessfully trying one fix or another I ended up copying my custom tool library and renaming it to the library name that Sprut defaults to.

Mike