585,886 active members*
6,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Shopmaster/Shoptask > New paint job- How about a "let's see your 3:1 pics" for 2015's first post!

New paint job- How about a "let's see your 3:1 pics" for 2015's first post!

I just replied to the ball-screw ball replacement Q as I too completed this a few weeks back on all 3. Since I had it apart, I elected to paint the covers. I think it came out pretty good. This is a rattle can 'hammered bronze'. Let's see them all! How about a quick photo post to show off your Shoptask or ShopMaster 3:1 Mill! Have some fun! Put em' on up...

Attachment 262826

Re: New paint job- How about a "let's see your 3:1 pics" for 2015's first post!

Picked mine up on 31st but didn't have time to do anything with it.
    Attachment 263062
    Building a T-Slot holder for monitor arm and to hold PC and DRO.
    Attachment 263064
    Up Almost!!! got to read all the manuals now.
    Attachment 263066

Ouuuuu. Now that is pretty ! The shop that is. ! Shopmaster too... But heck, I want the garage space. Lol. Thanks for posting. Hope you enjoy! I see you have the Jensen dros. About the only thing to say is when you get your dial Gage's on to measure and check your Mach 3 setups there is a calibration factor you program into the Jensen. Forgot what they call if. But mine (since ) used were off. .5" was not .5 on the Jensen. You need to do an offset from actual to displayed via a / and input that. Just so ya know.

FOR BACKUPS. Just grab the whole mach3 folder. Drag it to a CDROM or a DVD. Done! Mach3 will allow you to roll back 21 times or something crazy.... But it is also nice to have that DVD you did when things were tight.

Just a few items that come to mind. So did you select a CAD And CAM package yet? Any front runners? I will tell you I use Dolphin CAM and I enjoy it. Lots of options there for sure! Stay with the big 3 or 4 and you should be all good.

Ohhh. Lastly, cnc cookbook has a lot of tips and good stuff for us newbs.

CG.

Yes we love the space it is a 60x40 enclosed shop with 10 ft over hang for 60x50 under roof, 1/2 is storage for toys and other half is for playing, 32 ft of bench top space, 4x8 table for welding, and 4x8 wood table, The shop is mostly used for wood working by me, Jim does most of the metal work, but the ShopTask is mine as I want to add metal accents to these Attachment 263072

I have not ordered my calipers, dial indicators yet, just a bit broke for a few pay day's But that is first on my list I will get it dialed in, just won't be over night. I will keep that in mind for the DRO. I have not picked a CAD-CAM combo yet, Have been trying the Rhino 60 day free trial just the CAD part though. I downloaded the cnc simulator pro and did some easy G-Code.

Here is my 2014 model full CNC with 4 axis DRO, Received 2nd week November. Producing production parts but still working out issues in machine. Have 5 to 10 thou backlash in unit the working to get lower to get better parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1421104815449.jpg  

Shop Task 17-20 XM TC, 1993 CNC

Sir- That is a REALLY Cool Pic! I've seen a few of your Vids out there if I recall? I think? Any major mods besides the CNC? Thanks for sharing!