584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Need Help....Y and B axis won't zero return......?????

Need Help....Y and B axis won't zero return......?????

Hello,

I work in manufacturing... Our Star SH-12 (Fanuc series-21T) lost all memory. I was able to reload all parameters etc.... I have X,Z,Y,B axis. X and Z axis will zero return by themselves, but Y and B will not.....I don't know if I am missing a parameter or something, or what .... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

Re: Need Help....Y and B axis won't zero return......?????

Hi

I do have a SH -12. It also under maintenance. Lost the the Fanuc Ladder for the system and looking for someones backup to load it. I have all the parameters for the Machine.

If u need those let me know. SH - 12 does not have a B axis. It is marked T on the system. Try homing them Separately one at a time. See if it moves in Jog mode and if does not check the cable. If it gives an alarm then note down the alarm no.

Let us know.

Regards

Tarunbir.

In my machine

Our sh-12 has a sub spindle, so there is a "B" axis. There are 4 axis X, Z, T, B. I checked the cable and looks good. I cannot jog T or B axis either. X and Z are fine. Still getting no where on this. Let me know what you think. Also no error message display. I am stumped.

having had to bring a dead control back to life(early fanuc 18) this is what i can tell you. in my case the ladder was still resident but not viewable. i punched in all my 9000 series parameters and i got my ladder back. i had to punch in all 6 pages of parameters by hand(took about 4 hours and two rockstars) that got the machine to semi functional then i called out the dealer and we found a few typos. so i went thru all the parameters again. after all the typos were gone i followed the axis reset procedure. you will not be able to do the axis reset if there are any problems in the axis parameters.

Thanks.
    Can u send us a copy of parameters. So we can compare with ours. It will be a great help.
    Maybe that is the problem in both our machines.