585,754 active members*
4,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Need help with 5 axis simple problem

Need help with 5 axis simple problem

Hello.

I'm trying to mill a simple inclined surface using Alphacam 2013.
    I've created a work plane and managed to create a successful operation.
    I'm using local 3 axis Surface Machining with Parallel, and if I leave the "Avoid Fouling Non-Machined Surfaces/Solids" unchecked, it mills into the top vertical surface.
    On the other hand, if I do check that option and select the top vertical surface, it just mills too far away.
    Am I missing something here? Shouldn't it calculate the tool radius and compensate accordingly?
    I've tried creating a boundary with an offset equal to the tool radius, but that doesn't work as well, because the tool doesn't mill on top of the edge.
    I've uploaded the scene file so you can see what I'm trying to explain here.
    Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I feel like it's a really simple solution, but I can't find it.
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    João
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, here's a more solid example of what I'm trying to explain.
    If you check the operations list you'll every option with Foul Check and Boundaries on and off.
    I really can't figure why he doesn't respect the walls, either too far to the inside or to the outside.
    If anyone can explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you.

Re: Need help with 5 axis simple problem

Hi João,

Can't open attached zip file, just goes to another screen with a blank .gif image...

Regards,

Hello Frank,

Sorry for the late reply.
    When I click the file, it asks me to download it, but here are the files again.

I can't download this either - same problem as Frank

Here I am again :P

I think this explains what I'm trying to accomplish and either I'm missing something here, or the software really lacks some features.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5z3yzxe2w...ample.zip?dl=0

I can't seem to tell Alphacam not to touch the neighbour surfaces. I've tried using boundaries but the result is the same.
    Can anyone help me here please?
    Thank you.

Best regards,
    João

Which version of Alphacam you use? I will send you some some solution for this case.

Marek

It's just so simple - also in previous versions.(cant remember how easy it was before - but quite simple). if You asked Your reseller - he should give You a example, of what's in the new versions....
    This is just a quick pick of what You may need..: 2015-05-25_2143 - Lisbeth_B's library